PyPRP has New Region interface

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Postby Trylon » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:59 am

Just a note to inform you that the pyPrp blender plugin now has a new interface for regions.

No longer do you need to use the col_type/mass/rc/col_flagsx propertys.
Now it's simple:
Create a region (from the menu) or just make a mesh

make the "alctype" property read "region"

whatever you used to put in the "alcspecial" property - you should now put it into the "prpregion" property

Don't set any of the collision propertys unless you wish to override the default.
swim surfaces and regions are also under this new region interface.

While the classical way of doing it still works for now, I recommend converting to the new style. Tow reasons for this:
- An ugly workaround was removed from this version. Instead the original problem was fixed.
- We might very well remove support for old style regions in the very near future.

EDIT:
Importing now also sets the new region properties
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Branan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:49 am

nifty. There's now almost a 1-to-1 mapping between my GUI design and the plugin.

speaking of which, if someone's willing to help with the coding, the export and properties pages could be started now.

EDIT: Just looked at the ALCUGS wiki, the 'list of properties' tutorial hasn't been updated yet. Anyone gonna do that, or should I?
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Trylon » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:34 am

Okay, the implementation is now compleately finished.

There is a conversion script from oldstyle regions to newstyle regions added to the plugin.

You can expect support for old-style regions to disappear shortly!

The wiki pages are now also updated to reflect these new changes - see http://alcugs.almlys.org/wiki/index.php/NewStyleRegions for more details.

PS. Information on swim current regions is posted on the wiki also (http://alcugs.almlys.org/wiki/index.php/SwimRegions)
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Return to Plasma Development