Offline KI 3.7: Unleashing the Wall

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 3.7: Unleashing the Wall

Postby Annabelle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:34 pm

Oh ok nevermind :lol:

I made the last updates to my offline install and all goes very well.

I went to one of my favorite spot in R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn :

To go there you must turn clockwise around the whole canyon on a thin plane not much larger than the visual you see below my feet: Calena made that section solid thinking about me. She is smart, she anticipated that one of my first goal was to go find a way to climb there (...without cheat command, I hate using them unless there's no choice)

Now, I have to convince myself to solve the age but that's another matter...Give me something to climb on, I'll be happy...give me a puzzle to solve, I'll look for a walkthru somewhere :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Darien » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:54 pm

I've been testing Offline KI 3.7.1 with a new avatar as time allows. So far the only bug I've found is that the doors in Tsogal and Delin don't appear to be working anymore. The Journey cloths will still register their respective numbers on the door, but the door itself will not operate when you touch it. Sometimes the Tsogal and Delin Journey cloths will not work on first link-in after start up. In these cases if I link out and back in then they will work again.
Last edited by Darien on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darien

Postby diafero » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:21 am

Hm, that one will be hard to debug... I added it to my TODO list.
Can anyone confirm that the doors do not work, or do they happen to work for someone? (This also includes the DI Shard, which uses the same code)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:20 am

I can Confirm that the Hot Spots are available for both the Journey Cloths and Doors. The Journey Cloths work and the Doors do not for both Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal. Further more I can also verify that attempting to bypass the doors by jumping has become very difficult on the Gehn Shard...

Here is a copy of my Python.0.elf file including both Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal attempts...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Darien » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:53 am

I was playing around with Delin and Tsogal this morning and was able to get the puzzles to work in both. My solution is more anecdotal than scientific, but changing the EderDelin.sdl and EderTsogal.sdl fixed it. I set the following lines to Default=1.

dlnBlueSpiralRunning[1]

dlnBlueSpiralConsecutive[1]

tsoBlueSpiralRunning[1]

tsoBlueSpiralConsecutive[1]
Darien

Postby Annabelle » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:13 am

I remember...a long time ago :lol: , when I was playing nicely ;) that I had gone through both gardens quite easily touching all clothes. It was on offline URU:CC with offline KI. Now, with which version...that's the question!

It should works. Diafero modified the code so we can breath since we are alone. We have a little more time to run and touch all the clothes to open the door. Tsogal is still the easiest. Try Tsogal first to understand how you have to do. Delin is harder.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Sirius » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:34 am

From the Python.0.elf of Wamduskasapa, it looks there is an error due to some "startGame" function called on an NoneType object. It seems Diafero fixed it anyway in v3.7.1, since I can't find startGame anywhere in the script (startGame was used in the MOUL version of the script).

Annabelle wrote:Diafero modified the code so we can breath since we are alone. We have a little more time to run and touch all the clothes to open the door.
I think you have 240 seconds, while it's 60 online. So you have enough time to do it without running :lol: .
I remember I tried with a 80 seconds limit... That's a bit short but doable.
Sirius

Postby diafero » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:32 am

From the Python.0.elf of Wamduskasapa, it looks there is an error due to some "startGame" function called on an NoneType object. It seems Diafero fixed it anyway in v3.7.1, since I can't find startGame anywhere in the script (startGame was used in the MOUL version of the script).
I did not touch that file for a long time, so I really wonder how Wamduskasapa can end up with such an error message. It almost looks as if he had some other .pak files around which contain the original Cyan source code of that file.
But, wait... Wamduskasapa, this is a logfile from MOUL, not a logfile from POTS ;-) . It mentions xDialogStartUp which does not exist in POTS, and it even mentions filenames like "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Uru - Gehn Shard\Avatars". So, definitely, the problem you can see there is not caused by the Offline KI, and can not be fixed by it ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:30 am

Gehn throws around those PyNones like no tomorrow. To be fixed... Later...
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Previous

Return to Plasma Development