Offline KI 3.7: Unleashing the Wall

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 3.7: Unleashing the Wall

Postby Annabelle » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:26 am

Sorry for the confusion here...

I deleted Offline KI 3.7 manually:

1) go in your (drive):\...\(offline uru folder)\dat\dummyages\

2) delete the file called : "offlineki.age"

3) open Drizzle, in the UAM you should see "Offline KI (required)" in red

4) click on the version 3.6.1 and click on "download"

5) Drizzle should be able to find the cache version of it on your PC and install it

6) That's it :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:15 am

Thank you Annabelle I now have all three of my offline installs switched to 3.6.1...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:41 am

Those folks don't listen/read haha ... There is nothing to delete, just install 3.6.1. over it,
that m e a n s, open Drizzle again, click on Offline KI 3.6.1 and download, that's it lol ...
And our poor diafero knows now that the Offline KI 3.7 is nasty ... :P

(Now polish your dancing shoes, store some beverages in your fridge and get ready haha ... :D)
janaba

Postby diafero » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Please never install an old version of the Offline KI above a new one. I never tested this, and Uru is so complex (as is the Offline KI) that I can not imagine the consequences. There also is no way to uninstall the Offline KI from your Uru installation, you need to restore a backup of a fresh installation (you can cop the sav directory though to keep your avatars). Please, don't mess with this, it's already hard to keep it all working when people are just using Drizzle the way they are supposed to ;-)

For all those with problems linking to Roshanhninkorvahkhn: Did you update your AgeInformation package? The Offline KI does not contain age information for fan ages, it just uses it. The 2012-02-03 version of AgeInformation contains a bug regarding exactly the age you are having problems with, so please update to 2012-02-04. Does that help?

As for the Relto book, you can temporarily fix this by uninstalling the UAM KI plugin. A proper fix will be released soon :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Karkadann » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:49 am

I usually make a .bkf file of the whole Uru CC installation before I update the KI, just in case
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:21 am

Offline KI 3.7.1 is now available via UAM. It fixes compatibility problems with the UAM KI plugin. All you who reported problems here, please install this update and tell me whether everything is working properly now :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:47 am

R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn is not listed in the Nexus nor is it available by typing /link RoshanhninKorvahkhn even though all of it's files are listed in the agearchives, dat, python, SDL & SFX Folders

I have totally deleted all files and accomplished a clean install and then updated my Drizzle install with no change...

Edit: I have totally deleted all files and accomplished a clean install and then updated my Drizzle install with KI 3.6.1 to obtain access to R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn
Edit2: the only files I have kept were from the agearchives, ageresources and sav folders.

Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:06 am

The same command is working fine here. Did you install the latest AgeInformation package?
The error message says that it took the user-visible name of the age as filename, which indicates that the entry for the age was incorrectly added. Could you send me the Python.0.elf logfile? You can find my email address in the signature.
I currently see only two possible explanations:
- Something you have installed adds an incorrect entry to the age list. The only candidate coming to my mind is the UAM KI plugin (sigh, I thought I found all incompatibilities), which might use some internal APIs that were never meant to be used by anything from the outside - which Dustin knew quite well when he used them. I can not find any usage having this effect though.
- Your AvailableLinks.inf file or one of the files it includes contains an invalid entry.
However, I think this is called by some invalid usage of the API, I just have no idea by whom. An internal class gained an additional parameter with version 3.7, and if you call it the old way, one would get exactly the error message you see. But nothing inside the KI calls it the old way (at least I can not find anything), and nothing outside the KI should call it at all.

Which files and ages did you install after starting with a clean installation? Please test what happens if you uninstall (or do not even install) the UAM KI plugin. None of the ages available through DI UAM requires it.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:17 am

I have AgeInformation--2012-02-27.7z installed

here is my Python.0.elf file for R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn attempt.
Edit: here is my second Python.0.elf file for my test age. It gets deleted when I attempt to access it.
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:31 am

You have something in your installation I do not know, and it is causing problems:
(02/28 07:37:45) UamMod_AgeInfo loading data

I have no idea what that "AgeInfo" UamMod is, it is not part of the source code Dustin put into SVN. However, the log entries indicate that it messes with the xLinkMgr data, obviously in a way that no longer works. I can not possibly support external usage of internal interfaces, and if I do not even have the source code of the offending module, I can't even notice it. Could you please uninstall the KI plugin (by deleting "UruAgeManager.pak" from the python folder, or using Drizzle), or at least edit the config/UamModules.txt and remove the AgeInfo module, and test again?
Also, your installation is definitely not a clean installation: According to the logfile, it contains some ages which are not served by the UAM (for example, testage or Yinfara). Due to the way Uru works, any age can cause arbitrary breakage on every other age. Most ages don't do that, of course ;-) but it still makes debugging more complicated.

EDIT: I found out where that AgeInfo module comes from, obviously it is part of the latest UAM KI plugin, but the source code was never released.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development