Drizzle/Myst V Converstion Issue

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Drizzle/Myst V Converstion Issue

Postby Nev'yn » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Hey, I'm having an issue with Drizzle converting the Myst V ages.

I use Windows 7 (32 bit), so I've already moved the Myst V and Uru:CC folder to the desktop. Moula Ages converted without an issue. The links for the Myst V ages were created with viewable linking books in CC, but will give me a "not located on this server" error message if I try to link. The exception is Direbro, I do link in that case, but to a purple haze. I then fall for while, until the Relto panic link is activated.

Doobes thinks it might be a Steam download version issue, and said I should ask the GoW if they know about a workaround.

Here's the Drizzle error message:

Checking the folders you gave...
Starting conversion of MystV...
Error: File doesn't exist:C:\Users\Nevyn_00110\Desktop\myst v/dat/Direbo_drboEsher_DireboSrln.prp
Error: Unexpected error in GuiThread:
Console: stderr:shared.uncaughtexception: File doesn't exist:C:\Users\Nevyn_00110\Desktop\myst v/dat/Direbo_drboEsher_DireboSrln.prp
Console: stderr: at shared.SerialBytestream.openfile(SerialBytestream.java:181)
Console: stderr: at shared.SerialBytestream.createFromFilenameOffset(SerialBytestream.java:63)
Console: stderr: at shared.SerialBytestream.createFromFilename(SerialBytestream.java:42)
Console: stderr: at auto.conversion.convertPrp(conversion.java:151)
Console: stderr: at auto.conversion.convertFile(conversion.java:119)
Console: stderr: at auto.conversion.convertFiles(conversion.java:101)
Console: stderr: at auto.AllGames$GameConversionSub.convert(AllGames.java:334)
Console: stderr: at auto.AllGames$GameConversionSub.ConvertGame(AllGames.java:258)
Console: stderr: at gui.ThreadedTasks$13.run(ThreadedTasks.java:104)
Console: stderr: at shared.GuiThread$InvisibleThread.run(GuiThread.java:106)

Any thoughts? Please let me know when you have time! Thanks!!!
-Nev
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Re: Drizzle/Myst V Converstion Issue

Postby Deledrius » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Does the file listed in the error as not found exist?

Error: File doesn't exist:C:\Users\Nevyn_00110\Desktop\myst v/dat/Direbo_drboEsher_DireboSrln.prp
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Nev'yn » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:05 pm

No, the file is not in the directory at all. Also, the original filename for the executable to run the game was "eoa.exe", not "MystV.exe.

A simple rename of that file and the game still runs. Here's a list of all the files in the ".dat" directory, let me know if you need copies of any of the other directories:

Directory Content Show Spoiler
Last edited by Tsar Hoikas on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Hide long list in spoiler tag
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby diafero » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:37 am

Where did you buy that version of Myst V? Maybe - but I hope not - the GoG/Steam version is different from the DVD one...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nev'yn » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:19 pm

@difero: It's the Steam version, the GoG version still hasn't been released. (I prefer to buy games from GoG, for some reason.) That's why Doobes though it might be a Steam version issue. I did find a post of an explorer in Japan having this same issue with the Steam version. (In Japanese, by and by...I had a friend in Kyoto, Japan take a look at the page when she had time.) She's not a Myst player or a computer person though. I think OHB may be able to do a better translation, but could be wrong on that one. I'll pm him tommorrow when I get time to ask.

@Hoikas: Thanks for adding the spoiler tags for me! We don't really use them at GoMe and I've never needed them on Moula forums, as of yet. So I really have no idea what the commands to create them are. Thanks for taking the time to do this for me.
Nev'yn

Postby OHB » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:34 am

I don't speak Japanese :) But, that webpage is talking about the same error: Direbo_drboEsher_DireboSrln.prp doesn't exist. He's doing his own forum searches and has also come up empty-handed...believes that he can't convert the CD version, I think.

(Side note: I WANT THAT JAPANESE VERSION!!!)

Nev'yn, what languages does your version come with? For all I know my copy has Japanese too but it's currently sitting on a dead computer...
OHB

Postby Nev'yn » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:27 am

So, any thoughts...Or is it something not worth bothering with?

@OHB: My version has sound files for English, Spanish, French, Russian...and yes, Japanese. (You can be the one to give bad news to Leo about Italian not being supported.) ;)
Nev'yn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:31 am

I only have 5 lanquages within my version of Myst 5 (English, French, German, Italian and Spanish). The question I have: Is it possible to just insert the sound, data and manual files from one version into another and have it work correctly??
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:36 am

I compared the list of files you posted, with the list of files in my installation, and indeed Direbo_drboEsher_DireboSrln.prp is the only file missing. A bunch of subtitle files as added (for Japanese, Polish and Russian). I really wonder how the game works without that file, but then maybe someone noticed It is not really required (does anyone remember if there was a talk by Esher in Direbo, for Nolobehn?). I assume I could just remove it from the list of files processed by Drizzle (Uru can't display Esher anyway), but on the other hand I do not really want to go through the hassle of releasing a new Drizzle version (Dustin, the original author, is unlikely to do it, since he left Uru).
Please check your PMs.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:44 am

Nev'yn just PMed me that after adding the missing file from another installation, the conversion is running fine (the .exe had to be renamed as well, naturally).
However, people getting Myst V from Steam generally can't get that file, so I wonder if anyone has a good idea how we could solve this. I'd prefer not to make a release of Drizzle and add it to the long list of old software I am maintaining ;-)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Plasma Development