No Restoration links in Nexus?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

No Restoration links in Nexus?

Postby Fay » Sun May 06, 2012 12:36 pm

I installed Offline KI and used Drizzle to install the test age I made in 3dsmax, Drizzle converted the age correctly.
So here I am ready to see if it works, I go into the game using UruSetup.exe as well as Urulauncher.exe
It connects me to the MOUL server and I login, I go to the Nexus and there is no restoration links there,

I went over the tutorials again, I followed all the steps I could find, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong?
I even downloaded someone elses Age to see if it was the test one I made that was the issue but again it just
connects me to MOUL, If it's meant to do it offline it's not doing it. Am I just being really thick?
Last edited by Fay on Sun May 06, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fay

Re: No Restoration links in Nexus?

Postby diafero » Sun May 06, 2012 12:45 pm

I am confused... MOUL has nothing to do with the Offline KI. You can only install the Offline KI for Complete Chronicles (which is the same as Ages Beyond Myst plus To D'ni plus The Path of the Shell). Please have a look at the Uru versions overview for more explanations on this.

To test an age you made in 3ds Max, you can not just use MOUL since it has no offline mode (it is however possible to ste up a local Shard and use it for testing... not sure if anybody ever did age development that way though^^). You have to use Drizzle to convert it to Uru:CC, and then use the Offline KI to get there.

PS: In future, please don't change the font colour of your posts... that makes them really hard to read, which does not increase the motivation to give a thoughtful reply.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Fay » Sun May 06, 2012 12:50 pm

diafero wrote:I am confused... MOUL has nothing to do with the Offline KI. You can only install the Offline KI for Complete Chronicles (which is the same as Ages Beyond Myst plus To D'ni plus The Path of the Shell). Please have a look at the Uru versions overview for more explanations on this.

To test an age you made in 3ds Max, you can not just use MOUL since it has no offline mode (it is however possible to ste up a local Shard and use it for testing... not sure if anybody ever did age development that way though^^). You have to use Drizzle to convert it to Uru:CC, and then use the Offline KI to get there.

PS: In future, please don't change the font colour of your posts... that makes them really hard to read, which does not increase the motivation to give a thoughtful reply.

Thanks for the help (Though I don't think the rude bit at the end was really necessary), So if I understand correctly, I need to have the normal games installed as it won't work with just MOUL. That explains a lot.
Fay

Postby Deledrius » Sun May 06, 2012 4:47 pm

diafero wrote: (it is however possible to ste up a local Shard and use it for testing... not sure if anybody ever did age development that way though^^)

I have. dirtsand + PyPRP2 Age + MOUL-compatible client.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Fay » Mon May 07, 2012 3:48 am

I've installed Uru : CC and my test age now works, Now just to design it properly :)
Fay

Postby diafero » Mon May 07, 2012 6:25 am

Fay wrote:Thanks for the help (Though I don't think the rude bit at the end was really necessary).

No insult was intended, and I apologize if any was taken. Please don't forget that many here, myself included, learned English as a foreign language, which makes the vague act of expressing my thoughts with words even more error prone. Because of this, my wording might have been improper. Also remember that we do all this for the fun of it, in our spare free time.
Thanks for editing the first post to increase readability.

I've installed Uru : CC and my test age now works, Now just to design it properly :)
Great to see you solved the issue.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development