The Online KI - A new idea

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

The Online KI - A new idea

Postby nathan2055 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Post cross posted to the OpenURU forums

This is basically a proposal wanting to make the KI and Nexus more efficient and easier to use. I've written a write up of how the Nexus would work with this proposal in place. Here it is! Please comment below!
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Re: The Online KI - A new idea

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:18 pm

I like the idea of a quick search for the 'hoods.

I don't see the benefit of putting 'hood management in the Nexus instead of the KI however. What is your reasoning for that?

(Sorry about the short-lived post that was in this place for a moment... responded to the wrong thread >_> )
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:58 pm

I read your text following the link given...

It's quite confusing. :?

You seem to not fully understand the "neighbourhoods" concept which is more blatant in your second big paragaph in respect to the previous paragraph...

Bevin
Seret
Kirel

were indeed the canonical "neighbourhoods" of the D'ni as they were discovered by the DRC when they first explored the Cavern in the early 2000. They are unique. They existed. Kirel in MOUL environment is the only one that is reachable although it looks more like a carnival setting than a real D'ni neighbourhood :lol: .

In your second big paragraph, you are using at least 8 times the word "Bevin" in place of "neighbourhood" (or simply "hood") to describe the hoods we can create while exploring the Cavern.

I feel reading your text that you want to make it appealing with sentences like:
A public Bevin? Are you nuts?!? And Seret, that’s not even a real location!!!!!

I would say it makes it more confusing and the people that might be able to assist you with your project should already have the knowledge of the above-mentionned.

----> Thing is your project seems viable and would be great as long as...

Bevin is recreated and made public as it should have always been since the very beginning
Seret is recreated (on Alcugs shards, Seret is reachable BTW) and made public as it should have always been since the very beginning

;)

EDIT: All I did is to refresh my text to put it in more appropriate English as my knowledge of it grew over time, I didn't change any meaning, just made it more right :)
Last edited by Annabelle on Fri May 09, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby nathan2055 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:39 am

I fully agree with you Annabelle, I didn't quite flesh it out enough. I'll work on that ASAP and get back with you guys.
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby Annabelle » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Great! :)

I will read your new text as soon as you update it.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Plasma Development