About the bug of the Closet

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

About the bug of the Closet

Postby Toki » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:16 pm

viewtopic.php?p=59855#p59855

Because the contents which I contributed were far apart from a title considerably, I put up a topic newly.

When I found
Show Spoiler
and was going to wear it, such a message was displayed.
“Would you like to wear this item now?”
I answered "yes", but did not wear this. Therefore I came back to one's Relto and watched a closet.
However, there was not it.

Similarly, when I found
Show Spoiler
and was going to wear it, such a message was displayed.
“Would you like to wear this item now?”
I answered "yes", but did not wear this. Therefore I came back to one's Relto and watched a closet.
However, there was not it.

When I gave it command /suitup, such a message was displayed.
“Got you a maintainer suit”
However, a closet did not have the suit.

The above-mentioned is the report of my bug. 8-)
Toki

Re: About the bug of the Closet

Postby semplerfi » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:18 pm

In some cases jumping off your Relto island and panic linking back to Relto and re-enter your Closet can clear up some stuff.

[Google Trans ;) ]
あなたのRelto島とパニックReltoにリンクバックすると再入力あなたのクローゼットを飛び降りいくつかのケースでいくつかのものをクリアすることができます。
semplerfi

Postby Toki » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:32 am

semplerfi wrote:In some cases jumping off your Relto island and panic linking back to Relto and re-enter your Closet can clear up some stuff.

Thank you very much, semplerfi! :)
I tried the method that you taught, but unfortunately the item did not appear. :cry:

Though you taught it very carefully, I'm sorry. :oops:
Toki

Postby diafero » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:19 am

I assume you are using the Offline KI and Uru:CC? It is important to say which version of uru you are speaking about, as they are fundamentally different. See this wiki page for an explanation of the various versions.

Unfortunately, some cloths are not supported for male avatars in Uru:CC. These cloths were originally built (by Cyan) for MOUL, and Chloe did some magic to bring them to Uru:CC, but in some cases, the male version wouldn't work. So, the Minkata boots are not available for male avatars.

The /suitup command is not supposed to add the suit to your closet, all it should do is make your avatar wear the closet. To get a suit into the closet, use the suit machines in Gahreesen.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Toki » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:56 am

Thank you for teaching it in detail. :)

As you said, I play Deep Island Shard Offline KI of URU CC.

I understood that an avatar for male could not obtain some clothes.
As for the boots of Minkata, the woman was available, but the man was surely impossible!

About the command of the /suitup, even a male avatar was feasible in URU CC for package version, but for Steam version, and only a male was impossible.

I thought that I read wiki and must make more studies. :D
Toki

Postby diafero » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:19 am

So, are all issues solved/explained? Unfortunately I do not understand this sentence, maybe you could re-phrase it
About the command of the /suitup, even a male avatar was feasible in URU CC for package version, but for Steam version, and only a male was impossible.

(these language barriers get really frustrating sometimes - on the other hand, it's amazing to have a common language at all with so many people from so far away :D )
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby semplerfi » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:06 am

My take is:
The command "/suitup" works in URU CC box version but does not work in the Steam version.

As a Myst fan the language barrier is one of the fun things conquer. ;)

[edit1 added smiley]
semplerfi

Postby Toki » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:32 am

Because I am not good at much English, my English is incomprehensible, and I'm sorry. :oops:
semplerfi wrote: My take is:
The command "/suitup" works in URU CC box version but does not work in the Steam version.

Thank you very much, semplerfi. It is right! :)

(I may trouble you by the obstacle of words again here. :oops: ) ↓

In fact, in Uru CC of the Steam version, a command of /suitup was effective for an avatar for male before re-installing.
(After a re-installation, it became impossible.)

Really thank you for reading my incomprehensible English hard. ;)
Toki

Postby semplerfi » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:40 pm

Toki wrote:(I may trouble you by the obstacle of words again here. :oops: )

Do not worry about it. We Myst fans like challenges and can figure out most anything. ;)
semplerfi

Postby diafero » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:06 am

Because I am not good at much English, my English is incomprehensible, and I'm sorry. :oops:
It's okay, don't worry. I am not a native speaker either, so I know how hard it is to learn a foreign language - and German is *much* closer to English than Japanese, so it was much easier for me than it is for you.

Concerning your issue: I have no idea how /suitup could not work. It does not even require any additional avatar files as the suit is already in the original game. So unfortunately, I am lost here - sorry. All I can suggest is that you try to re-install the game, and create a new avatar.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Plasma Development