Adding ages to URU:CC w/Drizzle is it possible?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Adding ages to URU:CC w/Drizzle is it possible?

Postby Annabelle » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:39 am

I'm wondering what is the issue with the impossibility to add ages to my URU:CC offline w/Drizzle.

"Matte" by Ametist/Corvus crashes my install as soon as I want to log there
"ReGahlpo" by Ametist crashes my install as soon as I want to log there
"Blackfisk", "Gahlpo Vogehts", & "Peliania" by Pelishard Team crashes my install..
"CityofDimensions (TPoTS version)" by TOC Team crashes my install...

"Matte" & "ReGahlpo" can only be found on UAM shard, they aren't available on Drizzle's UAM or Deep Island shard or TOC TPoTS shard

"Blackfisk", "Gahlpo Vogehts", "Peliania", & "CityofDimensions" can only be found on TOC TPoTS shard, they aren't available on Drizzle's UAM or Deep Island shard or UAM shard

The issue seems to originate from Drizzle. There might be a check of the age ID and since the age ID isn't found in the database, it crashes the game. I don't have issue with some ages not yet published that I have as they might not have an ID yet so the system just let them load.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: Adding ages to URU:CC w/Drizzle is it possible?

Postby diafero » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:36 am

Wow, I did not know there were so many ages out there that people never submitted to UAM. However, without knowing these ages, I have no clue what's happening. What exactly did you do to install those ages in your offline Uru?

Ametist, if you read this - would you mind me putting Matte and ReGalpho on UAM (I don't have the age data currently, but I could download it from the dataservers)?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:21 pm

Well...

I opened let say UAM URU folder and went in dat folder, I did a copy of all "Matte" age related files then I went back to my URU Offline w/Drizzle folder and paste all the files in my dat folder. I repeated the action for every age. That's all.

BTW, ReGahlpo by Ametist is really interesting. It revolves on puzzles so I never finished it. There's a door to open up and I tried a code relative to my crossing path... it seems to lack a row or something :lol: Puzzles and me aren't best friends ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Ehren » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Annabelle wrote:Well...

I opened let say UAM URU folder and went in dat folder, I did a copy of all "Matte" age related files then I went back to my URU Offline w/Drizzle folder and paste all the files in my dat folder. I repeated the action for every age. That's all.

BTW, ReGahlpo by Ametist is really interesting. It revolves on puzzles so I never finished it. There's a door to open up and I tried a code relative to my crossing path... it seems to lack a row or something :lol: Puzzles and me aren't best friends ;)

That's all? If the ages had SDL or Python files, that would be important too. There are also sfx files that some places might be quiet without.

I know cityofdimensions needs those.

However, even without those files, it shouldn't actually CRASH Uru, and the age ID thing shouldn't be a problem unless it has the exact same ID as another age.
Ehren

Postby Annabelle » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:07 am

Oh thanks Ehren :)

Yeah... I must have forgotten a thing or two...or even three (in my case :lol: )

"How to transfer ages between installs for Dummies" would be a great book for me to have.

I will redo all the transfers including files in /dat, /sfx, /sdl & /python

I needed a designate culprit, and the Ages' ID couldn't defend themselves, I chose those ones.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby diafero » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:41 am

Matte an ReGahlpo are available on DI and UAM now - thanks to ametist :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:53 pm

Great news I'll add them to URU:CC because I've never been able to get them load and since I only play offline these days.

And... I'm still looking for the Grail behind the closed door in ReGahlpo ;)

Thanks Ametist & Diafero
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby gabriml » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:31 pm

Looks like Ice World is also ready but no link to age files provided:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5524&start=110
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

Postby gabriml » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Seems like Matte has changed. Used to be a gate you could peer through.
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

Postby Corvus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 am

I'm wondering why ametist provided this (older) version of Matte.
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Next

Return to Plasma Development