MoulKI

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

MoulKI

Postby jamie_marchant » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:25 am

I noticed that there is a program called " MoulKI" on GitHub, which is described as a "Plasma vault editor ", I assume this letes me explorer and edit a Plasma vault, probably a DertSand one. Is my assumption correct and how do I compile it? There is no build script!

Thanks Jamie
jamie_marchant

Re: MoulKI

Postby Lyrositor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:33 pm

It is the Vault Editor used by H'uru for DIRTSAND, MO:ULa and, theoretically, MOSS. It is not something to be used lightly as it is capable of great harm. There is no "compile script" because only sufficiently technically proficient people should use it. However, a simple run of CMake should let you understand how to compile it.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby jamie_marchant » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:45 am

Oh I just realized I never responded to this. Anyways thanks for the info.
jamie_marchant

Postby Drake Collins » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:27 am

MoulKI is not terribly usefull, at least to me. I got it to compile, and connect to the game but it will not make SDL changes and it crashes very frequently. However it does seem to be a usefull reference on how to talk to the auth and game servers.

Is there any sort of documentation on the server/client protocols? Didn't think so. Looks like I'll have to learn <cough> c <cough> <cough>.
Drake Collins

Postby jamie_marchant » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:41 am

Sadly there is hardly any documentation about anything :(.
jamie_marchant

Postby Luna » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Mystler is hosting docs on CWE and libhsplasma here http://docs.mystler.eu/. If you want to connect to a server using the Uru protocol, libhsplasma is your best chance.
I've tried to write a chat client using QT but I didn't get very far at all and gave up when I mostly lost interest in Uru. Whatever it is you want to do it is not going to be very issue, the
game very much relies on you linking into an age etc. iirc.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Return to Plasma Development