SinglePlayer

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

SinglePlayer

Postby Stucuk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 am

Would it be hard to make MOULa Singleplayer (As in so you didn't require Database software)? I know that URU CC is singleplayer, but if MOULa could be built into a Singleplayer Client then it would open up the possibility of modifying it into a real-time editor.

Disclaimer: Stucuk does not have enough Experience with CWE, C++ or Python to implement any ideas written in this post. So please do not post stating that Stucuk should go and do it himself as he can't.
-Stu
Stucuk

Re: SinglePlayer

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:43 pm

All of the old code that made Plasma work in single player (and the old multiplayer stuff) was ripped out for MOUL and replaced with very rigid functionality that assumes an online-only environment. In this (and many other) regard(s), CWE/MOUL is inferior to Uru CC. The old functionality could be restored by totally revamping the client-side vault storage and APIs (with a few other tweaks, of course).
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Tweek » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Stucuk wrote:Would it be hard to make MOULa Singleplayer (As in so you didn't require Database software)? I know that URU CC is singleplayer, but if MOULa could be built into a Singleplayer Client then it would open up the possibility of modifying it into a real-time editor.

Disclaimer: Stucuk does not have enough Experience with CWE, C++ or Python to implement any ideas written in this post. So please do not post stating that Stucuk should go and do it himself as he can't.

Yes, I too have been wondering about this.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Stucuk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:The old functionality could be restored by totally revamping the client-side vault storage and APIs (with a few other tweaks, of course).

:( Sounds like alot of work.
-Stu
Stucuk

Postby Karkadann » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:49 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:All of the old code that made Plasma work in single player (and the old multiplayer stuff) was ripped out for MOUL and replaced with very rigid functionality that assumes an online-only environment. In this (and many other) regard(s), CWE/MOUL is inferior to Uru CC. The old functionality could be restored by totally revamping the client-side vault storage and APIs (with a few other tweaks, of course).

Any chance the Open Source license will one day include the game engine you guys use with the Deep Island Shard.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Lyrositor » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:26 am

Karkadann wrote:Any chance the Open Source license will one day include the game engine you guys use with the Deep Island Shard.

Highly doubtful. The rights to the original Uru might still be contested right now (Ubisoft and so on), and since MO:UL Plasma took so much time to be released, I'm guessing we'll never see old Plasma for the foreseeable future. :|
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby Christopher » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:06 am

I would be lucky if we see the content licensed or the server code released in the forseeable future...

Christopher
Christopher

Postby jamie_marchant » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:28 am

The easiest thing to do is to do for the moment is create a Linux script that installs Wine, MOULa*, Dirstand/MOSS and Psql. Then it configures them for you and bang! intent Linux client. (no clue what the overhead to this is compared to two separate machines)

* The end-user would not to spply they own content until we get a content lisense(someone go wackup RAWA)
jamie_marchant

Postby Mystler » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:36 am

jamie_marchant wrote:The easiest thing to do is to do for the moment is create a Linux script that installs Wine, MOULa*, Dirstand/MOSS and Psql. Then it configures them for you and bang! intent Linux client.

Uhm... seriously?
Mystler

Postby jamie_marchant » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:50 am

OK I said it was the "easiest" thing, I did not say it was not difficult or good. :lol:, having said that it's not that odd an idea, MediaPortal a FOSS HTPC actually runs on a similar model.
jamie_marchant

Next

Return to Plasma Development