Conversion Errors

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Conversion Errors

Postby pojibonzai » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:15 am

I have been getting these conversion errors in Drizzle within the past few days:
Error: Moul isn't listed as having type: 0xf9
Error: Moul isn't listed as having type: 0x129

I'm still able to convert successfully and launch the program but these are annoying and I wonder if something's missing or wrong that I haven't detected yet. Does anyone know what these errors mean and if there's a way to fix?
I thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Poji
pojibonzai

Re: Conversion Errors

Postby diafero » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:51 am

Unfortunately, my crystal ball is in the repairs, so you need to give us some more details. Please describe exactly what you did - most importantly, which Drizzle version you used, and which files you tried to convert how.

The error message says that your source files of the conversion contain stuff that Drizzle can not convert to CC.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby pojibonzai » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:18 am

Thanks for your reply.
I'm using Drizzle 3.0. on 2 different VM ware virtual machines on a Mac Pro. One running XP the other running Windows7. I'm converting 3ds max files (ver.7) that contain simple geometry to represent soft regions and sound sources. It's hard to say exactly what I was doing when I noticed the errors (my ball's in the shop as well :) ) but it may have been after updating java to version jre7. I hope that's enough info for your magic to work, but if you need more I'll be happy to provide.

diafero wrote:The error message says that your source files of the conversion contain stuff that Drizzle can not convert to CC.

Already very helpful, but I can't think of what I may have added (intentionally or not) that might be unrecognizable to Drizzle. I guess my next step will be deleting components one at a time and then exporting and converting to see if I've found the culprit.
pojibonzai

Postby diafero » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:39 am

I assume you mean Drizzle 30? There's never been a version 3.0 ;-)

it may have been after updating java to version jre7
Drizzle has been developed with and for Java 6 only - it has never been tested with version 7. In theory they should of course be compatible, but we all know what that means when talking about computers :D .
Has anybody successfully converted MOUL ages to CC using Drizzle an JRE7?

I guess my next step will be deleting components one at a time and then exporting and converting to see if I've found the culprit.
That's what I would have suggested ;-)
Also, did you try converting the Cyan MOUL files using the Conversion tab of Drizzle? It uses the same code, so that'd be a good test if stuff essentially works.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby pojibonzai » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:14 am

diafero wrote:I assume you mean Drizzle 30? There's never been a version 3.0

Sorry about the misplaced '.' Yes, I meant Drizzle 30. I don't mean to be thick-headed ...I thought composing audio for games would be easy after working in film and tv. :lol:
diafero wrote:Also, did you try converting the Cyan MOUL files using the Conversion tab of Drizzle? It uses the same code, so that'd be a good test if stuff essentially works.
Yes, this is the method that I currently employ. I haven't tried any other means of conversion. I think you mean the conversion tab on 'the Art' page(correct?) (my n00b slip is showing :oops: ).
And thanks again for your assistance. :)
pojibonzai

Postby Karkadann » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:24 pm

diafero wrote:I
Has anybody successfully converted MOUL ages to CC using Drizzle an JRE7?

I just checked and I have been using Java Standard Edition Version 7 Update 7 build 1.7.0_07-b10, with Drizzle 30 and have had no problems, although I do get an occasional conversion error, although very rarely so what I normally do is to delete all the exported files for the age im working on in my Max export folder and the ones it produces in my Uru dat folder and start with a fresh Age file, and it seems to solve the problem............as to why it solves the problem is a bit of a mystery but it works so what the heck
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Sirius » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:28 am

Let's see...
0xF9: plDynaWakeMgr
0x129: plDynaTorpedoMgr
I think this one is used in Teledahn for the gun-like machine on the sea catwalk. Since it's the only Age using such device, the only file created by Drizzle for this Age (the sparkly) should be fine.

One thing you could do to make sure the files are successfully converted, would be to put them in Deep Island's folder, and try to start the game. On start-up, Deep Island checks that all the files on your computer are the same as the ones on the server. If one of them is wrong, then the game will tell you "<Agename>.age is invalid".
Sirius

Postby diafero » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:23 am

pojibonzai wrote:Sorry about the misplaced '.' Yes, I meant Drizzle 30. I don't mean to be thick-headed ...I thought composing audio for games would be easy after working in film and tv. :lol:
It's all right, just wanted to be sure we talk about the same thing :)

pojibonzai wrote:Yes, this is the method that I currently employ. I haven't tried any other means of conversion. I think you mean the conversion tab on 'the Art' page(correct?)

No, I meant the "Conversion(Simplicity)" main tab, just next to "UruAgeManager(UAM)". It can convert entire Cyan games. Point it to MOUL and your offline Uru, and if it works and if you got the Offline KI installed, you should then be able to "/link Jalak" or "/link Negilahn" etc. in the game.

Let's see...
0xF9: plDynaWakeMgr
I think this one is used in Teledahn for the gun-like machine on the sea catwalk. Since it's the only Age using such device, the only file created by Drizzle for this Age (the sparkly) should be fine.
The sparkly PRP does not use these classes, so it's natural Drizzle does not support them. Converting the entire MOUL Teledahn will not work.
@pojibonzai: Does your 3ds Max age contain anything like that?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby pojibonzai » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:12 am

Sirius wrote:0xF9: plDynaWakeMgr

That explains it. Thanks Sirius!
I was working on additional water sounds for the avatar as it moved through waist-deep water. I didn't think that the ripple component was adequate so I decided to try 'wake' to see if there was more water disturbed by the avatars movement. There were errors to be sure as it doesn't seem that 'wake' is implemented. I removed the component but there must have been reference to it that remained after deletion. I think the other component error was from trying to use the 'water bullet' footprint. That also caused errors , but once again it seems that after deletion there was still a reference to it that remained even after using the delete 'unused components' in the component manager.
many thanks diafero and Sirius, it's great to have such knowledgeable and thoughtful assistance.
pojibonzai

Return to Plasma Development