Problems Copling H-URU fork

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Problems Copling H-URU fork

Postby jamie_marchant » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:22 am

OK the compiler errors and redefining of the function have nothing to-do with my current problem as I don't need to build the test project or the grep project to build MOUla, just the lib(which builds fine). Unforhchently I know have a currupt heap, I will have to look into it and find out why.
jamie_marchant

Postby jamie_marchant » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:09 am

Just to let you know I found a "temp fix" to my problem.
jamie_marchant

Postby Deledrius » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:50 pm

jamie_marchant wrote:Just to let you know I found a "temp fix" to my problem.

Which was?

Someone else may have the same problem and come across this thread only to be disappointed by the lack of details in that post. ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby jamie_marchant » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 am

Comment out the line curl_easy_cleanup(hCurl); in Winmain.cpp this should allow you to log in(though you may still have heap corruption if you wait at the logon window too long). This is not the idea fix, so you sould put this back in when you do a release build(there is no heap corruption in release)
jamie_marchant

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:17 pm

I have updated the devlibs package with pcre and updated versions of all dependencies. I don't know how previous OpenSSL builds were done, but the new package has assembly optimizations built in.

Also, for anyone having curl problems in their own builds: be sure to comment out #define HAVE_STRDUP in curl_config.h. I seem to recall that causes some major problems. It's something I do in all my Windows curl builds.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby jamie_marchant » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:17 am

Thanks Adam, I will give that a try.
jamie_marchant

Postby Mystler » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:40 am

I'm not sure where to post that, so I chose this thread.

As I'm compiling all of the CWE dependencies myself anyway, I am offering an alternative to the GoW devlibs on the Destiny forums. Afaik, the GoW devlibs are built with VS2010 and I compiled my ones with the VS2012 XP toolset. If you're interested, you can check here: http://destiny.mystler.eu/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4
Mystler

Previous

Return to Plasma Development