Better support for Intel Integrated video?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Better support for Intel Integrated video?

Postby DreamBliss » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:03 am

Yeah I'm on an old laptop from 2004-2006. It has full DirectX 9 support. But it seems most if not all laptop video cards are not supported by the engine. When I tried to run Myst Complete Chronicles everything look OK but the sun was some weird looking hash lines :( I looked around and found the official word is that my video card is not supported. Well I know if you can program and work with Plasma you can make custom drivers, should be easy enough. I was just wondering if we could get support for Intel Integrated drivers in Plasma and MOUL? Maybe get some custom video card drivers optimized for games like Uru which could be installed and used to run Myst CC.

Just a request, something I would like to see. No expectations.
If the spark does not desire the tinder there is no flame.
DreamBliss

Re: Better support for Intel Integrated video?

Postby Deledrius » Wed May 01, 2013 7:59 pm

Video card support improved a lot between Uru:CC and MOUL, if I'm remembering things correctly. Do you have any graphical issues playing on the Gehn Shard? Generally we've focused on improving the graphics, as well as removing support for extremely old (and likely unused, pre-2000) cards, so if you're otherwise able to play yet experience odd glitches we'd appreciate a bug report; we may be able to address those. There's really nothing we can do about the old 2004-era code that Uru:CC is using.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby DreamBliss » Thu May 02, 2013 3:40 am

Pretty much everything is working great with my decade old laptop and MOUL on the Gehn shard. The only glitch I saw was a weird multicolored grid hash line thing in the water of the cleft. The sun looked fine, I could read the text of the dialog boxes, I was able to play for a while and am about to go on again.

I would still like to see some talented coders tackle custom video card drivers for Intel Integrated graphics so that games would be better supported. But perhaps this is not the forums to request that. I am content with things as they are for now. In a month or so I may have a better computer.

Thank you for your reply. No complaints here!
If the spark does not desire the tinder there is no flame.
DreamBliss

Postby jamie_marchant » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:53 am

I don't think anyone around here wants to write drivers for old video cards. Or wants to write drivers at all for that matter. Though from my understanding it's the cards that are not very good and not the drivers.
jamie_marchant

Return to Plasma Development