Exporting Uru age models

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Exporting Uru age models

Postby linklinker » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:29 pm

I apologize if this is the wrong place.

Is there anyway to pull the models out of Uru? I've tried working with the older pyPRP scripts however it seems to be hit-or-miss importing the entire age into Blender. Some prp files cause it to fail completely. I've also tried using the prp2obj program from the libHSPlasma tool set. Running a prp through it generates an empty obj file. I wonder if I'm just using it incorrectly. Surely there's a way to pull these files with textures and UV information? PRPShop can view all the models in the age files however does not appear to have the ability to export them.

Thanks,

Linklinker
linklinker

Re: Exporting Uru age models

Postby Chacal » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:39 pm

The current importer script works for me. See the link in the wiki.
From that you can select objects and "export selected as new age"
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby tachzusamm » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:49 am

Eventually you have more luck with this update:
viewtopic.php?p=62957#p62957

Unfortunately, the link is dead.
I could re-upload it somewhere if Chloe is okay with it. Except you already have again a newer version done and available. ;)
tachzusamm

Postby Karkadann » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:25 am

Iv done redraws of some of their simpler meshes which ones where you interested in?
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Sirius » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Don't forget: since Uru was not made with Blender, the visuals will not be perfect once imported. Meshes import fine, but only very very basic materials will be viewable.
Sirius

Postby Karkadann » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:35 pm

I found something that might work to export Uru Age Models into Max, I was wondering if any of you guys have heard of it.

http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

the mesh for the Relto age would come in handy, it sure would beat the /location hit and miss game I play to add Relto Pages
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Karkadann wrote:I found something that might work to export Uru Age Models into Max, I was wondering if any of you guys have heard of it.

http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

the mesh for the Relto age would come in handy, it sure would beat the /location hit and miss game I play to add Relto Pages

You could also use that old PyPRP version that floats around to import an Age, then export the parts you want (say, the Relto Island) as an OBJ to import into Max.

Either way it won't be perfect but it would be enough to help with positioning I think.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Plasma Development