KI Redesign

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

KI Redesign

Postby GPNMilano » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:01 am

So, this morning I wanted to do some work on redesigning the KI. Trying out various things etc. I decided to test a long standing theory of mine that we could enable a new style of scrolling for the Chat and Age Player list.

I present to you SCROLL BAR!

KIRedesign
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Re: KI Redesign

Postby janaba » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:36 am

Ohh, that'd be an awesome improvement, and it doesn't switch back when others are 'talking', so you can really scroll back easily as far as you like or need to keep up with what you've missed when the chat is running/moving on so fast ... Wow!!! ... Thanks for the efforts and for sharing, GPNMilano ... :P

Oh, wow, and I just see in your post this would apply to the Age Player list too? ... awesome ... :)
janaba

Postby GPNMilano » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:00 pm

janaba wrote:Ohh, that'd be an awesome improvement, and it doesn't switch back when others are 'talking', so you can really scroll back easily as far as you like or need to keep up with what you've missed when the chat is running/moving on so fast ... Wow!!! ... Thanks for the efforts and for sharing, GPNMilano ... :P

Oh, wow, and I just see in your post this would apply to the Age Player list too? ... awesome ... :)

I probably jumped the gun on the Age Player list. I don't know how it's going to react with it yet as I haven't implemented it there. In theory it should work the same. But the Age Player list is a different style of GUI control then the Chat Area, so until I implement it there I don't know how it's going to react. And unfortunately unless I can test it with a very large pool of people at once, there's no way of seeing how it will compare in function to the normal way its done now. The chat area should hold up fairly well, though.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby diafero » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:36 pm

Wow this is awesome :)
Yet another amazing feature that Uru supports, but Cyan never actually used... ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development