PyPRP Importer now on Github

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

PyPRP Importer now on Github

Postby GPNMilano » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:37 am

I'm pleased to announce The PyPRP Importer for importing ages into Blender now has a home on Github. The sources can be downloaded from the PyPRP Importer Repository.

In addition to the sources now being available for contributions the following improvements have been made to the newest release:

• importer no longer requires Blender 2.45, and now can be installed within Blender 2.49b
  • all the scripts have been moved to their own directory "PyPRPImport" and the folder itself installed in the scripts folder of your Blender Installation
  • import CustomAvatars
  • import objects with more than 16 materials - it automatically splits the object if needed
  • import textures as TGA - it requires a new script in PIL, and is set to import PNG images by default
  • better naming for imported textures
  • extract ALL textures loaded is now an import option
  • better layer handling
  • automatically set textures to use alpha
  • automatically set which UV layer a texture uses
  • import most of the UV mapping matrix (within Blender's limit)
  • removal of most of the export code so as not to interfere with PyPRP's export code

Special thanks to Sirius for many of the improvements listed above. With these improvements it is now safe to install the importer along side PyPRP in your Blender Installation and use only one copy of Blender for importing and exporting ages.

The Wiki Article PyPRP Importer has been updated to include the new download link for the scripts, for those who do not wish to use Github for download.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Re: PyPRP Importer now on Github

Postby Rabbit » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:13 pm

Can't wait to try it out. :)
Rabbit

Postby Sirius » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:19 pm

GPNMilano wrote:importer no longer requires Blender 2.45, and now can be installed within Blender 2.49b
Thank you !! Having 4 different versions of Blender just for Uru is a bit too much to my taste. Now I can uninstall one :D

Glad I could be of help for some of these features ;)
Sirius

Postby dendwaler » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Wow!
Thx you both for this surprise!
I will use it soon to study a few things. :D
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Deledrius » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Awesome! This will come in handy. I have a Blender Portable install of 2.49 I keep separate just for stuff like this, so thank you for getting this working!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:03 am

I don't know anything about anything of this at all lol, but from what I've read in that short PyPRP Age Importer Wiki mentioned above and when looking at GPNMilano's list in the OP with those many awesome sounding new and convenient options and handlings, and then just reading the Wiki's introduction with only just a few examples to put this to beneficial use

On occasion, it may be useful to import ages (made by Cyan or others) into Blender from PRP or AGE files. Importing an age allows a new Writer to become familiar with how an age is constructed before it is exported into Uru. It may also be useful to retired Writers who have deleted (a) BLEND file(s) for their age and wish to continue development of that age. PyPRP's import feature prevents such a writer from having to rebuild that age from scratch.

I'd like to say WOW, just WOW, Kudos and thumbsup to you awesome development team ... It really sounds all very impressive and I'm absolutely sure this will be a delight and something of great value for many ... :P
janaba

Postby BenB » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:47 pm

Sorry to ask a noobie-question.
I read the Wiki page, got the colection of .py files copied into my /scripts folder, and restarted Blender. (I think that's what your supposed to do, wiki doesn't say)
But I still don't see any other import options to handle .prp files.
Is there some step I missed?
Probably, huh?

thank you Milano!!!!
BenB

Postby Sirius » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:50 pm

Are you sure you copied the folder named PyPRP, and not the scripts in it ? (unlike the previous version)
The export option should then be Import->PyPRP Importer.

Yeah, it does require restarting Blender when moving script around. In most case, it's better to close Blender when adding some scripts...
Sirius

Postby BenB » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:45 am

Thank you Sirius.
You are probably right. I probably did put the files there in stead of the whole folder.
The wiki is not specfic about this step.
But I wont be able to check on this for another ten days or so.
BenB

Postby dendwaler » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:18 pm

I am sure it will work for you, as it did work for me.

Its working flawless, glad i can delete the old version now for ever!
Ii stil have not found what i want to know unfortunately.
I try to get good strong lightbeams from floorlamps to the ceiling.
For some reason i cant get this right.
The beams are not natural enough , probably its textured somewhat different from usual.
and they tend to swap to the other direction on the wrong moment when you pas them
i want it good in first and third person, problem as always.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Next

Return to Plasma Development