PyPRP Importer now on Github

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: PyPRP Importer now on Github

Postby Deledrius » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:04 pm

I would suggest making sure they're exactly the same version, just in case. 2.6.x should all be functionally the same for this purpose, but you never know; this is Blender 2.4 we're talking about. Also be sure that they're all the same either 32-bit or 64-bit versions. GPNMilano - Does PyPRP Importer support 64-bit Blender/Python? I don't recall if that was a limitation on any libraries it uses. If so, you'll need to use a Blender and Python to match those.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby tachzusamm » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:00 am

First, I would like to say

Thank you Chloe Rhodes

for this awesome gift. And also thank you to the other people who helped to make this possible. This is a really nice tool.

Now, let's come to the issues Yali experienced.
First, no, installing Python 2.66 is not an issue. I always worked with the combination of Blender 2.49b and Python 2.66 well. This should work, and it will.

BUT:
Your screenshot, Yali, says "Compiled with Python version 2.6.1". This message is independent of the Python version installed, it only comes from Blender itself.
This, however, gives me the idea there's something strange with your Blender installation.
Blender 2.49b should ALWAYS REPORT "Compiled with Python version 2.6.2". Not 2.6.1.

So, are you absolutely shure you used that Blender version the wiki article points to?

No idea where you got that Blender version; maybe you're using a 64 bit version, or not Blender 2.49b. Use a 32-Bit version under all circumstances. The link in the wiki is the correct place to get the installation file.
tachzusamm

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:55 am

tachzusamm wrote:First, I would like to say

Thank you Chloe Rhodes

for this awesome gift. And also thank you to the other people who helped to make this possible. This is a really nice tool.

Now, let's come to the issues Yali experienced.
First, no, installing Python 2.66 is not an issue. I always worked with the combination of Blender 2.49b and Python 2.66 well. This should work, and it will.

BUT:
Your screenshot, Yali, says "Compiled with Python version 2.6.1". This message is independent of the Python version installed, it only comes from Blender itself.
This, however, gives me the idea there's something strange with your Blender installation.
Blender 2.49b should ALWAYS REPORT "Compiled with Python version 2.6.2". Not 2.6.1.

So, are you absolutely shure you used that Blender version the wiki article points to?

No idea where you got that Blender version; maybe you're using a 64 bit version, or not Blender 2.49b. Use a 32-Bit version under all circumstances. The link in the wiki is the correct place to get the installation file.

Thanks Tachzusamm, I was trying to post something similar last night but I think the server's time got reset, making it impossible for me to post.

Yali, as pointed out, please use the link in the wiki. These point to the correct versions of both blender and python to be used for installation.

EDIT: I just checked to make sure, and was able to repeat Yali's error with the version he used. I don't know if the scripts work with a x64 version of 2.49b, but I'm investigating to see if I can fix the problem Yali encountered so people can use said version.

EDIT 2: I did some digging, apparently Python 2.6.1 was replaced with the bug fixed version 2.6.6. I've decided not to try fix Yali's issue as that download he used was made with a bugged version of Python. Yali, I'd suggest just deleting that version and using the one from the Wiki :D
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Yali » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:49 am

Used the wiki version...

Now I get this:
Attachments
pyrp2.jpg
pyrp2.jpg (286.66 KiB) Viewed 6493 times
Yali

Postby tachzusamm » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Congrats, looks better.

Invalid file!
tachzusamm

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:34 pm

What age were you trying to import? The importer can only import POTS compatible ages. Meaning for the other versions you have to use Drizzle to convert them before trying to import. Most of the age's are relatively the same across Uru. So, if you have pots, and have used drizzle and the offline ki to convert ages for play offline, you can just import the offline files and they'll be the same.
GPNMilano

Postby Yali » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:02 pm

K'veer from MOUl. Do I have to reinstall CC to proceed?
Yali

Postby GPNMilano » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:42 pm

No. If you download Drizzle you can convert any of the MOUL age's to the POTS format and simply import them from there. Under Drizzle's Manual conversion tab there's another tab that says MOUL. In that tab just set your MOUL folder, and a folder where you want the converted files to go. This can just be a folder on your desktop. Then you'll need to process the age file, and prps with the "process a single file" section. Just select the file with the Select button, and once you've selected it from the MOUL directory, you use the "start" button.
GPNMilano

Postby Chacal » Thu May 08, 2014 7:19 am

I just saw this thread.
I can't thank you enough, Chloe!
And also you Sirius.
I'll try this as soon as I can.
This may get me interested again with some projects.

This in particular may solve my problems:
GPNMilano wrote:better naming for imported textures
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Previous

Return to Plasma Development