libHSPlasma cmake build failure under Ubuntu 64bit

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

libHSPlasma cmake build failure under Ubuntu 64bit

Postby mrwolfe » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:23 pm

OK, I'm trying to fix the classic MOUL OGG decompression problem (buzzing and clicking sounds, mostly in the ambiend sounds and sound effects files) I tried using soundkonverter to decompress all the OGG files into WMA's in the StreamingCache folder, but to no avail.

So now I'm trying to build libHSPlasma under amd64 ubuntu. Cmake fails complaining that it can't find JPEG :-

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108 (message):
Could NOT find JPEG (missing: JPEG_LIBRARY JPEG_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindJPEG.cmake:31 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
core/CMakeLists.txt:2 (find_package)

I am completely clueless when it comes to cmake. I have checked that all the dependencies listed in the readme file are there, and they all seem to be. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have Sox installed and as far as I can tell, the jpeg libraries are where they should be.
mrwolfe

Re: libHSPlasma cmake build failure under Ubuntu 64bit

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Make sure that you have the development library libjpeg installed, as it's required to build. CMake's error could be a bit more direct about it, but that's what it's telling you.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Plasma Development