Experimental PyPRP

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Experimental PyPRP

Postby Rabenschwinge » Wed May 13, 2015 11:41 am

I´m really impressed by this, amazing how much you have acomplished already! :shock:

Can´t wait to see what the experimental PyPRP will be when it´s finished! :)
Rabenschwinge

Postby Sirius » Thu May 14, 2015 7:32 am

cskid13 wrote:In that case, I will start with 2.7. I can test the AlcScript, too.
No problem, I'll try to fix bugs you may encounter as you go.

Rabenschwinge wrote:I´m really impressed by this, amazing how much you have acomplished already! :shock:

Can´t wait to see what the experimental PyPRP will be when it´s finished! :)
Well, right now it's still just the old PyPRP on a new Blender version, you know ;)
(I may change parts of PyPRP's behavior more heavily to make building simpler, but I guess before I do I'll submit any idea here for builders to review - I would hate to spend hours on features people don't like or wouldn't use)
But still, I'm delighted to see you like it ! This pushes me towards continuing :D
Sirius

Postby dendwaler » Fri May 15, 2015 6:00 am

I want to try it and followed your instructions.
I use the latest blender V2.74
When enabling the PYPRP exporter in the addons sector the following error message appears.

What can i do?
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Sirius » Fri May 15, 2015 6:27 am

:facepalm: That would be Github trying to make fun of me once more. I fixed it, just re-download the plugin, and reinstall it in Blender.

Looks like somehow the version on Git was trying to import "prp_Export" with a lowercase "E". I thought I fixed this bug prior to putting it on Github :shock:
Sirius

Postby dendwaler » Fri May 15, 2015 6:38 am

Ah that did it.
I changed the name of the file to a lower case and now it is possible to enable the function.
So i continue now with a trial.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby dendwaler » Fri May 15, 2015 7:42 am

Is it not possible yet to export a single prp?
I try very carefully (on a copy on a differnt disk) to switch my big Cathedral project to this new version.
If this succeeds i can finally ditch V2.49
But saving in different prp's is a must.
I hope the animations do behave as before.
It would be great if we could use relative curves in animation (delta x,y,z)
And then the exporter would automaticly convert this to absolute cooordinates.

Therefore i use a script from d'Lanor , i can post it if you don't have it.
It can do both, from relative to absolute and the other way around.

I Use it when i have to copy an animated object to another position.

dendwaler

Postby cskid13 » Fri May 15, 2015 8:13 am

I'm getting another similar error, but I don't think it's installed correctly anyway.
cskid13

Postby Sirius » Fri May 15, 2015 8:50 am

dendwaler wrote:Is it not possible yet to export a single prp?
Nope. I was adding those export options the other day, but stopped because I didn't like how non-customizable it was. I didn't want to change drastically PyPRP, but these export options definitely need their own interface.

dendwaler wrote:I try very carefully (on a copy on a differnt disk) to switch my big Cathedral project to this new version.
If this succeeds i can finally ditch V2.49
I have no idea if the new version of PyPRP will be able to handle such big Age (especially since it seems you are using complex lighting and logic in your Age), so keeping backups of the 2.49 version is a very good idea. I tried my best to make sure the plugin is compatible with Ages built in 2.49, but so far I've been the only tester and only tested a few of PyPRP's features. So you should expect lots of bugs when moving the Cathedral :| (although I'll do my best to fix any problem you might run into).

dendwaler wrote:But saving in different prp's is a must.
Yes indeed. Along with the export interface, I would like to bind Blender's layers to different PRPs automatically. Only visible layers would be exported, which means you'll no longer have to use the "page_num" property.
This would force builders to use more pages. Not a bad thing since splitting the Age across multiple PRPs can make the export process a lot faster and decrease memory usage (I wanted to do this since you used this method to export your cathedral, actually).
I was against major changes to the controls at first, but if builders like the idea, it's worth changing things...

dendwaler wrote:It would be great if we could use relative curves in animation (delta x,y,z)
And then the exporter would automaticly convert this to absolute cooordinates.

Therefore i use a script from d'Lanor , i can post it if you don't have it.
It can do both, from relative to absolute and the other way around.

I Use it when i have to copy an animated object to another position.
It's just to translate the animation from one point to another within Blender ? The script will need to be converted to the new API, but it should work (maybe the new Blender can do this already. I'm not really familiar with animations, when I need to duplicate an animated object I edit the ipo curve manually...).
I wish Plasma could handle relative animations (well, maybe it does, but I don't know of it). It would be cool to make AIs or vehicles...

Cskid: do you get the exact same error message as DenDwaler ? If so, try downloading the latest version from Github.
It could also be an error with PIL or PyYaml, but I couldn't figure any better way to install them... :/
Sirius

Postby dendwaler » Fri May 15, 2015 10:30 am

Well here are both conversions , for the case you need it.

I use them for sequencies of animations.
I mean, if animation of object one is ended the animation of the next object starts when this is ended the animation of a third starts.
All animations are synchronized with sound.
If you copy this " as a whole" to another location its nearly impossible to do this by hand whithout timing problems.
Then i use the converters.
Inside blender i keep all those animations stored as relative,
before exporting i convert them to absolute.
At the same them this explains why i use many prp files.
Attachments
ipo_deltas_249_conversion_set.7z
(1.85 KiB) Downloaded 357 times

dendwaler

Postby Sirius » Fri May 15, 2015 10:56 am

Ok, I had a look in newest Blender. It seems it can handle converting normal animations to deltas, but I couldn't find a way to do it the other way around. Also, I can confirm PyPRP will still not recognize delta animations, and assume the object is static.

I had a look at the scripts, they shouldn't be too hard to convert. But adding support in PyPRP for delta animations would probably be better. Either by automatically converting them to absolute, or using Plasma's equivalent for relative animations.
I still don't know if Plasma can handle relative animations though. To our dear Plasma devs: are these animations supported ? I recall Plasma has at least two keyframe markers, "Simple" and "Compound". IIRC PyPRP defaults to simple, so maybe compound is what we're looking for ?
Sirius

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development