Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Postby Maroonroon » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:35 am

Sirius wrote:Cool, seems everyone's problems are solved for now then 8-)

Thank you for updating Drizzle, Sirius. :)

Sirius wrote:It's funny, to me it feels like Windows and Linux switched places, with Linux now looking more and more professional, while Windows just keeps degrading with each major update.

I don't know for Linux, but I agree with you for Windows.
Maroonroon

Postby Sailor » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:47 am

I agree too.

Many thanks, cheers...
Sailor

Postby Sailor » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:10 am

Hi Sirius,
I discovered another minor bug with the MOUL conversion this time.
When I approach the imager in Relto to connect KI, I hear the sound but don't see the blue light coming on.
I replaced the "Personal_District_psnlDustAdditions.prp" dat file with the one that came with the Offline KI and the blue light is back.
I also noticed that the Uru CC conversion on top doesn't work and gives an error.
Sailor

Postby Maroonroon » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:34 am

@Sirius: I have three questions about the [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)].bik and [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)]WithAlpha.bik videos (all of these videos are during 30 seconds, except mystWithAlpha.bik which is during 36 seconds)...
If I make an animated linking panel ([ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)]WithAlpha.bik) and a FlyBy ([ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)].bik):

1) Is there, for both, a minimum and/or maximum required length, and a maximum file size (Mo)?

2) Can [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)]WithAlpha.bik and [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)].bik be different? I meant, can they show two different animations?

3) For [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)]WithAlpha.bik the video will be shown automatically, but how to do for [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)].bik?

Please?

(I'm asking this because I found how to make these .bik files, and will make a tuto... ;) )

Edit: Maybe I should have created a new topic in "Age Creation > Building"? :oops:

Edit 2: Hum, in fact, the video isn't shown automatically for [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)]WithAlpha.bik; I tried naming the video "StiltHouse01WithAlpha.bik", "StiltHouse01_LinkInPointDefaultWithAlpha.bik", "stiltHouse01WithAlpha.bik" and "stiltHouse01_LinkInPointDefaultWithAlpha.bik", but the video isn't shown and the game doesn't crash (the game should crash for me)...

Edit 3: Ah, the game crashes if I'm naming the video "StiltHouse01.bik" (again, on my system it's normal if the game crashes if the video works); so, I think we have to naming it without the "WithAlpha" suffix. So: [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)].bik.
Then, for the FlyBy video, I think I'll naming it "StiltHouse01(_SpawnPointName)FlyBy.bik" ([ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)]FlyBy.bik).
Maroonroon

Postby Sirius » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:10 am

Sailor wrote:When I approach the imager in Relto to connect KI, I hear the sound but don't see the blue light coming on.
I replaced the "Personal_District_psnlDustAdditions.prp" dat file with the one that came with the Offline KI and the blue light is back.
I also noticed that the Uru CC conversion on top doesn't work and gives an error.

Yes, at some point the Offline-KI started redistributing content from the PotS conversion, so you no longer have to do it yourself. I guess the Offline-KI has had a few improvements over the Drizzle version. I will remove the PotS conversion from the interface in the next version since it's not really useful anymore.

Maroonroon wrote:1) Is there, for both, a minimum and/or maximum required length, and a maximum file size (Mo)?

2) Can [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)]WithAlpha.bik and [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)].bik be different? I meant, can they show two different animations?

3) For [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)]WithAlpha.bik the video will be shown automatically, but how to do for [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)].bik?

1) I don't think so, as long as you don't overdo it (a video of less than 5 minutes / 100mb is fine. Above that, I don't know).
2) and 3) In Myst V, the WithAlpha version is used for the GUI book (the alpha is used as margins around the image), while the one without alpha is used for the Direbo/Descent "physical" book models (which is a bit lower quality). As you discovered, on the Relto library the Offline-KI doesn't bother with the WithAlpha suffix and just assumes [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)].bik is the HQ one with alpha margins.
(The xSimpleJournal/BahroStone scripts allow displaying arbitrary bik files, but I don't recommend doing that. It doesn't have a fallback in case the user removed the video file.)
Sirius

Postby Maroonroon » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:02 am

Sirius wrote:1) I don't think so, as long as you don't overdo it (a video of less than 5 minutes / 100mb is fine. Above that, I don't know).

OK. Yeah, 5 minutes / 100mb should be enough... :D

Sirius wrote:2) and 3) In Myst V, the WithAlpha version is used for the GUI book (the alpha is used as margins around the image), while the one without alpha is used for the Direbo/Descent "physical" book models (which is a bit lower quality). As you discovered, on the Relto library the Offline-KI doesn't bother with the WithAlpha suffix and just assumes [ageFileName(_SpawnPointName)].bik is the HQ one with alpha margins.
(The xSimpleJournal/BahroStone scripts allow displaying arbitrary bik files, but I don't recommend doing that. It doesn't have a fallback in case the user removed the video file.)

So, if I understand well:

- For the fullscreen FlyBy video, after the link, it isn't a video but a camera animation made in Blender. (Which in the case of Myst V Ages, have been video captured to make the .bik files).

- It's the xSimpleJournal/BahroStone scripts that are to use for a book placed opened somewhere in an Age; the file can be named "anything.bik" (256x256 px and without alpha margin); if this file is not found, the panel is white but the book can be used).

- When we look at the book, the Offline KI looks for "age.bik" (512x256 px and with alpha margin); if "age.bik" is not found, the Offline KI uses the ".jpg" image.

Am I right?

In that case, I can make "Age.bik" (512x256 px, with alpha margin) and "AgeWithoutAlpha.bik" (256x256 px, without alpha margin).
I tried to replace "direbo.bik" by my video without alpha; this file is OK.
The video with alpha is OK too.
Maroonroon

Postby Maroonroon » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:01 pm

New entry in the Wiki: I edited Adding a linking panel, and added Setting a video as linking panel; I hope that's OK.
Maroonroon

Postby Maroonroon » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:25 am

I managed to add a linking book in my Age, and there are the screenshots of the result:
Show Spoiler
Maroonroon

Postby Maroonroon » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:36 am

The last two screenshots:
Show Spoiler

Now I try to replace the model's static panel by a .bik, but I don't find how to do it...
The xSimpleJournal/BahroStone/LinkinkBook.py scripts seems to be for the GUIs, not for the model.

Can you explain me:
1) How to set the model's panel in Blender?
2) How to set the .bik file in Blender (or in a script)?

Please?
Maroonroon

Postby Chacal » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:29 pm

I seem to have a problem with Java. I just installed Java 8.
Anytime I try any version of Drizzle, I get this error.
Anyone has an idea what could be wrong?

Show Spoiler
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development