Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Postby Deledrius » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Chacal wrote:I plan to play the whole set of Myst5 Ages with my kid, I prefer this to playing the actual Myst5 game. He's only 8 and I don't want to annoy / depress / traumatize him with the Myst5 story. Also I want to spare him the awkward finale. I will start in the cleft and drop in the volcano.

Hah, I love this. :D
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:44 am

Chacal wrote:It turns out the simplest solution is to delete the save file for each Age.
For example: \sav\556C75\current\Direbo_0012683EF5440002.sav

Ah, right, I forgot you could do that. Long time I haven't messed up with Plasma :D

Chacal wrote:I had three small bugs:
- the Laki cage collider was out of synch with the visible cage when rotated, I had to use flymode.
- the Laki elevator was up, and it was not possible to walk around it. Had to use flymode.
EDIT: scratch that, I just read in another discussion that it is possible to walk around it.
- every time I changed anything in Todelmer (push a button, etc) the bubble would vanish. I had to /link to Direbo and back again.

- yeah, that happens sometime, but it always re-synced itself before I was able to nail what was causing it...
- indeed, walking around it is a bit hard since it's so narrow. Was too lazy to fix the collision.
- vanishing bubble ? :shock: that doesn't remind me of anything... Sorry I can't be of more help with that.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed you won't run in more bugs on the way :) Glad you're spending some quality time with your son ;)
Sirius

Postby Chacal » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:29 am

It's a compromise situation.
If I let him, he would be glued to the screen 24/7 playing stupid repetitive games on the Roblox platform, or watching stupid Youtube videos showing people playing stupid repetitive games on the Roblox platform. He has a room full of toys like Legos et Hot Wheels, and he's not even remotely interested.

So I severely limit his screen time, but playing Uru together is always allowed. It's a special time for him, he sets up the game, chairs, chips or cookies, and truly enjoys the time spent together. Same goes when we watch movies: he prepares pillows on the floor, blankets, chips or cookies (there's a recurring theme here).

It's not easy but I'm learning time management...
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Sirius » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:08 pm

Hehe, I can understand that ! :) Limiting computer and TV time sure is a complex matter nowadays...
I wish you the best of luck with that !
Sirius

Previous

Return to Plasma Development