Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Postby Sirius » Sun May 08, 2016 3:43 am

Hello everyone,

I'm proud to give you a new yet somewhat experimental version of Drizzle !
This version is intended for the offline game for now. As of now, it is not compatible with DI or other Shards. Please use Drizzle31.1 if you intend to convert Ages for Deep Island.

Without further ado, here is the list of new features.

Show Spoiler

Other features like UAM are left mostly unchanged.

Here is the download link.
NOTE ! The ZIP also includes files you must place in your Uru folder for the new Myst V stuff.

And for those interested, here are the sources for both Drizzle and the fixed Myst V scripts.

---

Rambling Show Spoiler
Last edited by Sirius on Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:26 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Sirius

Re: Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Postby Dulcamara » Sun May 08, 2016 6:15 am

Sirius you are so genius.
I have so much fun and i think it was a hard, hard work to do such things.
It is so wonderful to click on books or buttons and to see that they work.

Thank you so much. :)
Dulcamara

Postby Acorn » Mon May 09, 2016 12:05 am

Thank you so much, Sirius :cry:
Acorn

Postby Rabbit » Mon May 09, 2016 10:36 am

I am always sad when someone leaves, but I can respect and understand the decision. I have always thought Cyan must be extremely lucky to have a dedicated group of fans, going back to the earliest of the Myst games. There are a lot of people who were there during with Gametap days and wondered all them years ago how the fan-created Age mechanism was going to work. Then we had the short-lived MORE which game and went before it got started. It seems incredible now that after all the years in MOULa, we have nothing in game content advancement in all that time, except for the odd tweak and patch - yet for some reason, there is still this (shrinking) band of fans who wait in anticipation.

I have often dabbled in the Age creation process, but with the stagnation of an unmoving game, I feel reluctant to continue it and what little progress I have made has more to do with advancing my knowledge in Blender, than making an environment for fellow player to explore.

At the moment, I am waiting for this Obduction game to play itself out (Yes, I was a Kickstarter and I'm looking forward to it) and see then if Cyan decide if they are really going to do anything with MOULa. If it becomes apparent they are not, then I dare say, I will start to look to other worlds to go to. Of course, there is DI, Ghen etc. But I want to see MOULa grow and if Cyan has any form of commitment or even any plans for the game. With the closing of new accounts system on their website, I am thinking the worst.

Thanks Sirius, I will have a play with it, when I get chance.
Rabbit

Postby TGMChrist » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:21 am

I making new bookcovers and linking images for ages.
TGMChrist ;)
Code: Select all
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Sirius » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:31 am

UPDATE: some files are missing/incorrect into the main download. If you want to play Myst V Ages, you'll also need to add these (overwrite if needed)
[LINK]

And since I didn't have the time to say it previously (and forgot in the mean time): thank you all for your replies, it's always encouraging ! :D

UPDATE: main version fixed, link removed.
Sirius

Postby diafero » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:49 am

Wow. that's what I get for not checking these forums for months -- a new release of Drizzle, and I totally miss it :shock: Thanks a lot for finishing this up to the point where it is usable!

I can also totally feel what you are saying about losing the motivation for doing much work with Uru -- I feel the same for a couple of years now, which is why I haven't been very active. Heck, if that open-sourcing of CWE had happened a year earlier, I would have gone totally nuts about it; but this way I had pretty much already given up and moved on. (Plus, of course, being at university meant I had way less time at my disposal than back in school.) Don't worry, Deep Island will keep running, lucky enough it is sufficiently automated not to need much manual care :) and I will keep updating fan-ages as the writers release their work (which is not very often nowadays :( ).

I'll definitely look at this new stuff. However, to get it into the Shard would require some effort; and I certainly can't do it without Sirius fixing up weird multiplayer issues as they arise (and I am sure they will). I guess we'll just have to see how this goes.

EDIT: Btw, the full Drizzle commit history is available at https://gitlab.com/diafero/drizzle
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby maximalprime2 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks for the beta of Drizzle 32 if I didn't find this forum I would not of known about this version. again it works great for use with 3840x2160 NVidia DSR Factors 4.00x (native resolution) which I patched it for with the use of Drizzle 32 , also I was using the other method before for getting widescreen with this other app "http://www.wsgf.org/article/universal-widescreen-uniws-patcher" before I found Drizzle 32 version online here :)

does the patching of Uru offline files when making 16/9 widescreen also change the texture resolution, any chance their an updated texture pack for uru online somewhere online for Ultra High res texture packs for this game for use with 4k mode instead of 1920x1080

I am using Uru offline game 4k mode also using 4k mode for the uru online software too , the reason I am asking about this is because I got myself an new Graphics card, its an PNY
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB and I am also using one of my old gigabyte Geforce GTX 680 3D 2GB cards with it for the Dedicate to PhysX feature , I don't see the need to use sli mode with the old graphics cards anymore, the other thing is can uru offline use or be patched in some way to use that new Directx 12 (Direct3D feature level: 12_1) would their be any benefit into using Directx 12 with either uru offline game or uru online ports of the game? since I don't think either use the new Directx 12 effects at all yet.
I have used open uru with 4k mode and use Gehn Shard with the 3840x2160 mode, and set the graphics settings to their current max levels for these games, I seen some effects in uru online that are not included in our old uru offline game for example uru online has some sky animation that's not included in uru offline game, in the desert age it has sun effects and moving clouds but uru offline doesn't have these effects at all, I don't no if that's something drizzle can fix with an update patch using moula (uru online to patch the desert age for our offline games to fix the sky effects in it, their may be other changes that are in uru online that are still missing in our offline version of the game, not sure if other noticed it before or not about the sun in the offline game having no graphic effects compared to the online version of uru.

ok theirs one more effect I can think of one of the ages you can access in uru online has snow effects in it, but uru offline is missing the snow effects which makes the age look more spring like in our offline version of uru. you can access the age I am talking about from the age links in one of our Neighbourhood ages, the online uru online has it snowing in the age, but it seems to be missing from uru offline game, the snow effects, this age maybe one that was converted from uru online using drizzle I am not sure if it is or for some reason the graphic snow effects got lost in the converting process of that age, since instead of an snow age , it looks more like an spring age view either that or their different ages one with snow and one without snow in it I am not very sure about it. Correction about the desert age it has sun effect online and is missing offline, the clouds seem still in Gehn Shard but does have some sun effect compared to offline uru game, not sure if the clouds were animationed to move in open uru Shard or not.

ABOUT your widescreen patch after using it you still have to do the following correct for it?

After patching, you must run the game by typing the following into the Start Menu/Run.. box:

C:\UruFolder\UruExplorer.exe -iinit To_Dni

The capitalization is important! Replace C:\UruFolder\ with the actual folder you installed the game to. When the game loads, it will be in your custom resolution.

plus I can use the mode of 4096 by 2304 with the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB , that custom resolutions under NVidia that seems to be the max my monitor and tv set can handle anything higher is not an option for my current displays I own.

the other problem with using 1920x1080 or 4096x2304 and 4k Resolution mode is that the photo still are 800x600 in size under C:\Users\The User\Saved Games\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst\KIimages

I found out that even at higher resolution uru offline and I am guessing uru online is limited to lower capturing photos mode, its nice that we can run it an high resolution but I was wondering why also it lacked color when taking these photos in uru at higher modes like 4k or 1080 , I guess it can only capture the images at 800x600 size, I don't no if an updated version of drizzle could patch the game to either create 1080 jpg images or 4k jpg images , I don't plan on putting an 800 x 600 on my desktop, I think if it can be fixed to output at least 1920x1080 that would be great, also it needs to be able to create good quality images, I don't no if theirs an setting in uru to change the photo output size or not, I can't remember seeing an setting for that I have to look at it again.

"http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=978"
Last edited by maximalprime2 on Fri May 12, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
maximalprime2

Postby maximalprime2 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:21 pm

ALSO can you put support for this keyboard hardware like an patch for using it with uru offline in an new drizzle version.

the new keyboard it's an Razer Chroma support keyboard, in any case it would be an great feature in uru offline or online uru game if it supported these keyboards like Obduction does with its patched added these effects to that other game.

like following Chroma effects to Obduction (minor spoilers ahead): but instead some effects for uru offline game would be great if that's an feature that can be added to the MOULa Client.

? Idling cyan + black breathing effect when in main menu
? Breathing effect between two prominent colors in the current world
? Linking effect between worlds (keyboard only)
? Picture-taking flash effect

and the last thing would be NVIDIA HDR support and NVIDIA Ansel support from drizzle for using with offline game, but the only thing about that feature is I don't no what Ansel is for and HDR seems too dark and colors seem off on my new card, I think Driver version 382.05 have broke the display feature for HDR support, I hope NVidia fixes it in the future drivers if it works right at all on my pc monitor with current connection to it, and NVIDIA HDR seems to be an broken feature on my NVIVIA Geforce 1050 Ti card doesn't seem to display the HDR effect right with current drivers version they seem to of broken that feature below information about my new hardware and some info on my old hardware 3D cards too , included below

[My new Display card]
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
DirectX version: 12.0
GPU processor: PNY GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Driver version: 382.05
Direct3D API version: 12
Direct3D feature level: 12_1
CUDA Cores: 768
Core clock: 1366 MHz
Memory data rate: 7008 MHz
Memory interface: 128-bit
Memory bandwidth: 112.13 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 20439 MB
Dedicated video memory: 4096 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 16343 MB
Video BIOS version: 86.07.39.00.46
IRQ: Not used
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2

[My Old Display card]
GPU processor: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660
Driver version: 382.05
Direct3D API version: 12
Direct3D feature level: 11_0
CUDA Cores: 960
Core clock: 1032 MHz
Memory data rate: 6008 MHz
Memory interface: 192-bit
Memory bandwidth: 144.19 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 18391 MB
Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 16343 MB
Video BIOS version: 80.06.10.00.3D
IRQ: Not used
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
maximalprime2

Re: Drizzle 32 ! (experimental) Uru Folder Conversion Bug

Postby maximalprime2 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:32 pm

about that feature in drizzle is their any non-fan ages that can use or need visual quality improvements? I know that a few of the non-fan ages if you try this feature on them , they break the ages, but some don't break the ages too, is their any uru offline age, that can be improved by using baking sunlight or with baking
ambient occlusion into them, for example can it improved either the offline ages or the ones you convert with Moul folder feature in drizzle I was wondering if drizzle applies these effects to them when using the Simplicity (conversion) option in drizzle if these are needed to any of the ages that uru myst created in the first place? I hope this is an simple question to be answered about it.

Drizzle feature below I was asking about the above question about it.
yes I understand it was created for fan ages, but was wondering about if such an feature is or was ever needed for any non-fan ages in uru myst offline or online version of this game.

** new tab: Fan-Age Tools ! which includes a bunch of features destined to increasing both performances and visual quality in Ages (not compatible with Shards). Also allows you to fix bumpy collisions.
It may be a bit tricky to use, so a list of all the features is available here.

# on an note about Conversion(Simplicity of
Pots Folder (C:\Users\The User\Saved Games\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst) [u]--> this has to Dni Add-on installed and path of the shell cd add-ons installed on top of my Uru Myst cd

Moul Folder (C:\Users\The User\Saved Games\Uru Live)

I noticed something broke between drizzle versions 32 #[/u]

Same source is used for both during the start process of Drizzle but it gets different response , I think Drizzle 31 worked right, but now when I click on Drizzle 31 file it lunches the Drizzle 32 instead, maybe from upgrading java I had to run the newest version of java since Drizzle 32 seems to freeze on the old version of it I was running for Drizzle 31 before. I wanted to report this bug about that here, so when you get online maybe you get an chance to fix the problems if its the apps fault, in the fact its an experiental build of it, thanks again anyway for creating new versions of it.
Errors 19 in output of Drizzle 32 again the old version works still without getting these errors, I am not sure exactly what I did wrong in the new version to cause these errors, if anything I did on my part, again it seems to still work in older versions without errors, maybe you can understand what happened from my output below is the information about the errors I got when trying to redo the Conversion process again with new version of this app.

Output below is Drizzle 32

Checking the folders you gave...
Starting conversion of MOUL...
Error: Unable to load object in distiller. Reason:
Error: prpobjects.Uruobjectdesc; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 4806070105831567965, local class serialVersionUID = -3131337198107826192
Error: prpobjects.Uruobjectdesc; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 4806070105831567965, local class serialVersionUID = -3131337198107826192
Error: Unexpected error in GuiThread:
Console: stderr:java.lang.NullPointerException
Console: stderr: at auto.mod.AutoMod_Moul_Sparklies.DustAdditionsGenericCalendarStar(AutoMod_Moul_Sparklies.java:106)
Console: stderr: at auto.mod.AutoMod_Moul_Sparklies.DustAdditionsGenericCalendarStar(AutoMod_Moul_Sparklies.java:29)
Console: stderr: at auto.mod.AutoMod.AutoMod(AutoMod.java:91)
Console: stderr: at auto.mod.AutoMod.SimplicityAutoMod(AutoMod.java:33)
Console: stderr: at auto.AllGames$GameConversionSub.automod(AllGames.java:334)
Console: stderr: at auto.AllGames$GameConversionSub.ConvertGame(AllGames.java:270)
Console: stderr: at gui.ThreadedTasks$14.run(ThreadedTasks.java:111)
Console: stderr: at shared.GuiThread$InvisibleThread.run(GuiThread.java:106)

Java version installed for Drizzle 32 is jre-8u131-windows-x64 and jre-8u131-windows-i586 since version before this caused Drizzle 32 to lockup when running the file, so I had to update it, again once I run Drizzle 32 , I seem to have an problem getting Drizzle 31 to relunch it seems to run Drizzle 32 when I click on Drizzle 31 file, I am not sure what happened to it, in any case below you can notice I got no errors from Drizzle 23b file but when doing the same process I ended up with errors in the one version above from this website. :?:

Output Below is Drizzle 23b

Warning: You appear to be running Windows Vista or Windows Seven. Uru has a bug that will require a workaround, see http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle for details.
Dont forget to run SoundDecompress.exe in your Pots folder, in order to get the sounds working! (You can also click the SoundDecompress button on the form if you prefer.) (If SoundDecompress crashes, it means you have to log into Uru, quit, then try again.)
Conversion completed!
SoundDecompress launched!
Done copying MOUL music!

(ok when I remove Drizzle 32 out of the same directory as Drizzle 31 I was able to relunch the old version before 32 I post its output below for Drizzle 31 of the Moul Folder start process below ) so as I can tell the experimental build gets errors when the old versions of drizzle doesn't get the same versions) I would guess Drizzle 32 needs some fix or it should be recommended for now to stick with version Drizzle 31 until the errors can be fixed from the source files that Drizzle 32 used)

Output Below is Drizzle 31

Dont forget to run SoundDecompress.exe in your Pots folder, in order to get the sounds working! (You can also click the SoundDecompress button on the form if you prefer.) (If SoundDecompress crashes, it means you have to log into Uru, quit, then try again.)
Conversion completed!
SoundDecompress launched!
Done copying MOUL music!

((last thing please note))
I used path (C:\Users\The User\Saved Games\Uru Live) for Moul Folder and (C:\Users\The User\Saved Games\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst) for Pots Folder, that it includeds both addons urutodni download file was installed on top of the first cd then I installed the path of the shell cd afterwords, again you noticed I only got the errors from the new Drizzle 32, its an bug that doesn't seem to effect the old versions, I guess that's why you called it experimental or beta software. thanks again for that version but for now I have to stick to an old version for this part of uru offline until an fix can be made for this problem.

I hope the above information helps get this problem fixed in the next version of Drizzle , when you get the chance to read my post and reply back about it if you ever online again, thanks again for this new version of the software, I really thought Drizzle 31 was going to be the last version because the project got stopped an long time ago.
maximalprime2

Next

Return to Plasma Development