Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Postby Deledrius » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Chacal wrote:I plan to play the whole set of Myst5 Ages with my kid, I prefer this to playing the actual Myst5 game. He's only 8 and I don't want to annoy / depress / traumatize him with the Myst5 story. Also I want to spare him the awkward finale. I will start in the cleft and drop in the volcano.

Hah, I love this. :D
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:44 am

Chacal wrote:It turns out the simplest solution is to delete the save file for each Age.
For example: \sav\556C75\current\Direbo_0012683EF5440002.sav

Ah, right, I forgot you could do that. Long time I haven't messed up with Plasma :D

Chacal wrote:I had three small bugs:
- the Laki cage collider was out of synch with the visible cage when rotated, I had to use flymode.
- the Laki elevator was up, and it was not possible to walk around it. Had to use flymode.
EDIT: scratch that, I just read in another discussion that it is possible to walk around it.
- every time I changed anything in Todelmer (push a button, etc) the bubble would vanish. I had to /link to Direbo and back again.

- yeah, that happens sometime, but it always re-synced itself before I was able to nail what was causing it...
- indeed, walking around it is a bit hard since it's so narrow. Was too lazy to fix the collision.
- vanishing bubble ? :shock: that doesn't remind me of anything... Sorry I can't be of more help with that.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed you won't run in more bugs on the way :) Glad you're spending some quality time with your son ;)
Sirius

Postby Chacal » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:29 am

It's a compromise situation.
If I let him, he would be glued to the screen 24/7 playing stupid repetitive games on the Roblox platform, or watching stupid Youtube videos showing people playing stupid repetitive games on the Roblox platform. He has a room full of toys like Legos et Hot Wheels, and he's not even remotely interested.

So I severely limit his screen time, but playing Uru together is always allowed. It's a special time for him, he sets up the game, chairs, chips or cookies, and truly enjoys the time spent together. Same goes when we watch movies: he prepares pillows on the floor, blankets, chips or cookies (there's a recurring theme here).

It's not easy but I'm learning time management...
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Sirius » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:08 pm

Hehe, I can understand that ! :) Limiting computer and TV time sure is a complex matter nowadays...
I wish you the best of luck with that !
Sirius

Postby Toki » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:35 pm

Hello Sirius!!
Always thank you. :)

It is great!!
I also want to move Myst V.
But I have only the Steam version.
I tried it in the Steam version, but it did not move. :(
Is it impossible with the Steam version?

Thanks
Toki
Toki

Postby Sirius » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:09 am

I thought it worked with the Steam version, but I never tried. So maybe it's incompatible.

What exactly is the problem ? Is there an error message when you convert the files ? Maybe we can find a solution.
Sirius

Postby Toki » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Hello Sirius!! :)
Thank you for your reply.

I can go from Garden Age's book to Direbo.
But from that I cannot go to other Age.
Each bridge is locked.
Even if I touch the slate on the pedestal in the bubble dome, nothing happens.

Thanks
Toki
Toki

Postby Sirius » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:07 am

The Direbo bridges unlock when clicking the button near it, and the pedestal should link you when clicked.
It seems something is wrong with your install, indeed. Did you copy the folders "dat", "python" and "sdl" to the main Uru folder ? The Ages don't work without them.

If it still doesn't work, try clicking the bridge button and pedestal, quit Uru and find the file "log/Python.0.elf". This file helps me find what is wrong, you can use the "Upload Attachment" button here to share the file. I will look at it and try to find the solution :)
Sirius

Postby Toki » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:02 pm

Thank you for teaching me that carefully. :)

Yes, "dat", "python", "sdl" have already been copied to the Uru folder.
I cannot click the switch on the Direbo bridge.
(The cursor does not respond.)
In the pedestal, the cursor becomes a double circle, but clicking does not put anything.

I ended Uru at this point and looked for the "log / Python.0.elf" file.
Although the file exists, I do not know how to look from here, so I will talk about this to my second son.
Ask the second son to see the current situation and hear about what kind of trouble is happening, I will contact you again.

Thank you so much for trying to help me.
Thanks
Toki
Toki

Postby Sirius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:48 am

The file Python.0.elf needs a special program to open, it contains complex error messages from the last game session. I can use this file to investigate what's wrong.
Do not hesitate to contact me again ;)
Sirius

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development