Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Postby Toki » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:17 am

I appreciate your thoughtfulness. :)
I should show you this file.
I am very embarrassed, but I do not know how to upload this. :oops:
Please tell me a good way to show this file to you.

Thanks
Toki
Toki

Postby Sirius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:55 am

Rename "Python.0.elf" to "Python.0.elf.zip" (.elf isn't allowed on the website, .zip is ok).
Then, you can upload it with these buttons under the message field:
gow_attachment.jpg
gow_attachment.jpg (38.4 KiB) Viewed 202945 times

Then the file is added:
gow_attachment_2.jpg
gow_attachment_2.jpg (19.33 KiB) Viewed 202945 times

It will be in the message when you click "Submit".

Remember ! This file stores information from the last time you played the game - it is empty when restarting. Before uploading, make sure you start the game, go to Direbo, click the pedestal, close the game.
Sirius

Postby Toki » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:49 am

Thank you very much for giving me a very understandable explanation.
I uploaded a file.
Is this OK?
Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks
Toki
Attachments
Python.0.zip
(67.83 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
Toki

Postby Sirius » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:48 am

Yes, it's perfect ! Thank you.
I found the error, but did not find the solution yet. There is a problem with Drizzle indeed.

I still need a bit more information, if that's ok with you. Because it is a bug inside Drizzle, I would like you to start the conversion again. This way we can see what the error messages are.

Please make sure you do the following correctly, sometime making mistakes can be very easy :)
drizzle-1.png
drizzle-1.png (13.02 KiB) Viewed 202924 times

1 change this path to your Uru folder
2 change this path to your Myst V folder
3 then press this button to restart conversion

Once the conversion is done, check the "Log" area at the bottom of the window. Does it look like this ?
drizzle-2.png
drizzle-2.png (3.48 KiB) Viewed 202924 times

If it's the same, try going to Direbo again - maybe the error is fixed.
If it's different, there is probably an error message in red. I need to know what this message is, but copy/paste doesn't work here. Go to this tab instead:

drizzle-3.png
drizzle-3.png (49.55 KiB) Viewed 202924 times

Press 1, this will duplicate the log message. Then right-click the message, and click 2: "copy all".
Then reply to this forum and paste the message :) This way I will know exactly where the conversion has a problem.
Sirius

Postby Toki » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:37 am

Hello Sirius!! :)
Thank you very much for telling me kindly.

I can now move Age of MYST V!! :)
As you said, it seems there was a problem with the installation.
I updated JAVA and performed the instructions as you instructed.
Everything worked normally!! ;)
Thank you very much for your polite explanation. :)

Toki
Toki

Postby Sirius » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:03 am

This is great news ! :D I'm glad it is solved.

Toki wrote:Thank you very much for your polite explanation. :)

No problem. I wish you happy exploring, and a lot of fun ;)
Sirius

Postby Trindalas » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:28 am

I must say a big thank you to you and anyone else who worked on making Drizzle/offline KI/Ages, as it has greatly enhanced my Uru experience :D

I was having trouble converting Myst 5 maps with the steam version, but that was before I knew this update to drizzle existed, which seems to have fixed whatever the issue was (it was telling me Myst 5 didn't seem to be installed in the steamapps/common/MystV folder) ^.^

However, after trying to get to the Myst Island via New K'veer (The map I want to get to the most because I loved Myst Island so much when I played back in the day), the game freezes up in the loading screen...

if i just let it sit there a while it gives an error:
Exception type: Access violation
Call stack (14 levels):
0x005B5EA3
0x0063DCDF
0x005B5546
0x0062E179
0x005B4A91
0x005B5EA3
0x006420A1
0x005B5546
0x0062E179
0x005B4A91
0x005B5EA3
0x005629E4
0x004FF9D0
0x004FEA3C
<end>

Other maps so far have worked fine, just not that one...
Trindalas

Postby Sirius » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:33 am

Sorry for the delay, I am a bit busy IRL (you know how it goes !).

I'm glad that you're enjoying things ! ;) Drizzle, UAM and Offline-KI is the work of many people, I just fixed some stuff in the Myst V conversion :)

Trindalas wrote:the game freezes up in the loading screen

Ah, that's annoying - game freezes are a bit tricky to identify. Hmmm... Could you go to your Uru folder, in the "dat" subfolder, and find all the files beginning with "MystMystV" ? Compress them into a ZIP file, upload them somewhere (filebin is easy to use, but WeTransfer, Dropbox or Google Drive work too - whichever suits you best). Then PM me the download URL and I will have a look when I can.

Trindalas wrote:it was telling me Myst 5 didn't seem to be installed in the steamapps/common/MystV folder

Out of curiosity, where did you get the Myst 5 game ? All versions (Steam/GoG/various boxed CDs) have subtle differences which can sometime confuse Drizzle. This would help troubleshoot the issue you're having.
Sirius

Postby Trindalas » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:09 pm

Sirius wrote:Sorry for the delay, I am a bit busy IRL (you know how it goes !).

I'm glad that you're enjoying things ! ;) Drizzle, UAM and Offline-KI is the work of many people, I just fixed some stuff in the Myst V conversion :)

Trindalas wrote:the game freezes up in the loading screen

Ah, that's annoying - game freezes are a bit tricky to identify. Hmmm... Could you go to your Uru folder, in the "dat" subfolder, and find all the files beginning with "MystMystV" ? Compress them into a ZIP file, upload them somewhere (filebin is easy to use, but WeTransfer, Dropbox or Google Drive work too - whichever suits you best). Then PM me the download URL and I will have a look when I can.

Trindalas wrote:it was telling me Myst 5 didn't seem to be installed in the steamapps/common/MystV folder

Out of curiosity, where did you get the Myst 5 game ? All versions (Steam/GoG/various boxed CDs) have subtle differences which can sometime confuse Drizzle. This would help troubleshoot the issue you're having.

Of course I understand, to be honest I didnt even know if i would get a reply considering how long it had been since the last post, that is always something that could go either way. :P Ah, I take it the error message doesn't help then.
They are both Steam versions (I have an Uru CC disc somewhere but I have no idea where right now, lol, plus its nice to have them all in the same place anyway)
Drizzle didn't give me trouble once I used your version, it was the previous version that gave me issues (I hadn't known about your version until I was searching for a solution and this thread came up, haha)
https://filebin.net/i9zolb4pxty3ytrx That is the files you requested. As I had said, some of the maps work just fine, but I am of course nowhere near finished exploring, so I am not sure if the Myst Island map is the only one that is giving issues or not right now. I just know it is a very important area for me. ^.^
I really appreciate you trying to help me by the way! :D
Trindalas

Postby Sirius » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:03 am

Thanks ! I had a quick look, I see which part of the file causes the problem. I'll investigate further and let you know when I find a fix :)

Trindalas wrote:Ah, I take it the error message doesn't help then.

Yeah, unfortunately it's something that can only be deciphered by Cyan. Fortunately we have other ways to find the cause of the problem.

Trindalas wrote:I really appreciate you trying to help me by the way!

My pleasure :P
Sirius

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development