Dirtsand Early 2018

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Dirtsand Early 2018

Postby J'Kla » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:42 am

Well it appears I am at a dead end with this I have that Windows 7 Machine working but it is now the only one Windows 10 is dead in the water for my LAN dirtsand.

Like I say the plClient.exe is the one provided for the Destiny shard and it has the same failure on Destiny or my own dirtsand shard

So I am going to start a new investigation to try and make Noob compatible instructions for a MOSS shard. ;)
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:17 am

J'Kla wrote:Well it appears I am at a dead end with this I have that Windows 7 Machine working but it is now the only one Windows 10 is dead in the water for my LAN dirtsand.

Your dirtsand server isn't running in Windows, so that's not the culprit.

J'Kla wrote:So I am going to start a new investigation to try and make Noob compatible instructions for a MOSS shard. ;)

Welcome to a whole new set of problems.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:32 am

I know dirtsand is not running on Windows but the plClient is.

And yes I am expecting more problems :)

plClient sorted on Windows10

I should add this was cured by installing a fresh MOUL on the Client PC this obviously added something in the way of a .dll or the like to the system that made it possible for plClient to work.
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:13 am

Advise Requested.

OK I am confident this method works I have tested it on my LAN and from remote locations using No-IP.com to give me a web address.

I would just stuff this into the Wiki but not only as previously demonstrated I am the duty idiot, I am also not exactly rolling in confidence having just been torn off a strip by the Tsar Hoikas for not reading his Wiki entry on Journals within Korman 0.08. The strip is still bleeding. :cry:

I have attached the two files here as word documents

Short Version of dirtsand build.docx
(13.56 KiB) Downloaded 512 times

Long version of dirtsand build.docx
(28.18 KiB) Downloaded 488 times

I am unsure as to the best method i.e. Do we/I edit the current entry or add a new page highlighting that this is Noob territory?

There is also the mater of the correction that is inserted as a temp fix in AuthDaemon.cpp where I was told that a proper fix would be forth coming.

This leaves me in some doubt, does this get posted with the temp fix pending the official correction or do I continue to hold off because a fix is imminent.
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Fri May 31, 2019 1:08 pm

Reviewing the new Ubuntu Server Release
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:You will need to edit the source code for the file AuthServ/AuthDaemon.cpp.

On line 33, you will find this code:
Code: Select all
std::unordered_map<ST::string, SDL::State, ST::hash_i, ST::equal_i> s_globalStates;

Replace it with this code:
Code: Select all
std::unordered_map<ST::string, SDL::State, ST::hash, ST::equal_i> s_globalStates;

Be sure to save and recompile the server by running sudo make install from the build directory. Note that this change will introduce some subtle bugs into DirtSand with regard to SDL states, but these are currently found on the Gehn Shard, so you will not likely notice anything amiss.

FYI, anyone building from the master branch no longer needs to make this change. The bug has finally been found and exterminated with extreme prejudice!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:23 am

Thanks for the heads up.

I will test it on my rig and if that is OK I will update the instructions.
J'Kla

Previous

Return to Plasma Development