Dirtsand Early 2018

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Dirtsand Early 2018

Postby J'Kla » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:42 am

Well it appears I am at a dead end with this I have that Windows 7 Machine working but it is now the only one Windows 10 is dead in the water for my LAN dirtsand.

Like I say the plClient.exe is the one provided for the Destiny shard and it has the same failure on Destiny or my own dirtsand shard

So I am going to start a new investigation to try and make Noob compatible instructions for a MOSS shard. ;)
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:17 am

J'Kla wrote:Well it appears I am at a dead end with this I have that Windows 7 Machine working but it is now the only one Windows 10 is dead in the water for my LAN dirtsand.

Your dirtsand server isn't running in Windows, so that's not the culprit.

J'Kla wrote:So I am going to start a new investigation to try and make Noob compatible instructions for a MOSS shard. ;)

Welcome to a whole new set of problems.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:32 am

I know dirtsand is not running on Windows but the plClient is.

And yes I am expecting more problems :)

plClient sorted on Windows10

I should add this was cured by installing a fresh MOUL on the Client PC this obviously added something in the way of a .dll or the like to the system that made it possible for plClient to work.
J'Kla

Previous

Return to Plasma Development