Vault Control

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Vault Control

Postby J'Kla » Sun May 27, 2018 4:04 am

Could there be a way of making a list of those change commands one per line in a text file and then just pumping that into the dirtsand console.

That way I just edit my text file and re apply.

There has to be some way of doing this.

I am also interested in making my city links point to another age for example one of my fan ages.

Just curious. :?:
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Sun May 27, 2018 10:13 am

J'Kla wrote:I can't find a reference to globalsdl in the Plasma Console pdf but it won't do me any harm to experiment.

What PDF is this?

My error it was this html page where I copied the content into a PDF

http://files.mystler.eu/ConsoleDocumentation.html
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Mon May 28, 2018 4:46 am

After some messing around I have managed to switch a lot of stuff on and off I started with the Hard Hats because they were the easiest to see an effect

Eventually I ventured into changing things in TheGreatTreePub

I switched on the Linking books for Ercana and the Cathedral without problems however when I followed the Catederal link to the corridor end the link to Ahononay I ended up in a black box in a white world I was able to relto out so there is obviously some change needed to make this work. I have the linking book but it always leads to this black box

Activating the pod age links worked

Obviously some experimentation is still needed. ;)
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Tue May 29, 2018 3:24 am

There is obviously some sort of a fix for this because you can visit Ahnonay on Ghen Shard.
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Wed May 30, 2018 2:01 am

A HeadsUp for others.

I was trying to do a vault wipe on my 32 bit install and realized later that I actually have to start the postgresql without the dirtsand.ini

So the revised method for a vault wipe is

Code: Select all
$ sudo -u postgres psql -d dirtsand
dirtsand=# select clear_vault();
dirtsand=# \q

Bare in mind you will be required to add the password for the sudo login.

I presume there is some command for the inverse of addacct and is there a change password command?

Just because typos happen lol
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:29 am

Still looking for some fix to allow me to get to Ahnonay.

I have also been looking at Neighborhood.sdl to find the variables to change most of them make sense but I cant find the one to switch off barriers that block the meeting room.

I know I can get past them using flymode but I would want to switch them off for all visitors to the Neighborhood.
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:26 am

In the meantime I would like to try this MoulKI and I have seen in other posts that it may be dangerous but now that I have 3 shards to play with that are nobody's problem but my own and if I screw up I wipe the drive and rebuild.

OK I understand there are issues/bugs but if anyone is going to test this to breaking point surely I am the person with the least to loose. ;)

If you are worried about adding instructions in the open forum till the bugs are ironed out just send me instructions in a PM

I understand if this is broken to the point of not working I understand that as well.
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 am

J'Kla wrote:I understand if this is broken to the point of not working I understand that as well.

When I checked it earlier in this thread, it's a bit broken. Zrax has submitted a fix, but there are still a few things that need to be looked at to get it working again. It's been a dormant tool for a while. Thanks for poking us about it. :)

J'Kla wrote:Could there be a way of making a list of those change commands one per line in a text file and then just pumping that into the dirtsand console.

I don't see why you couldn't do this, but it would be more work than doing it correctly.

J'Kla wrote:That way I just edit my text file and re apply.

Editing a text file is exactly the right method, however...

J'Kla wrote:There has to be some way of doing this.

There are two ways the game is designed to handle this:
1. Initial values
2. Live server changes

SDL files are the recommended way to set up your server's initial state. Get things how you want in there and you'll be good to go. You can keep them all at Version 1 until you're ready to go, you'll just need to use the vault_clear() function if you make changes to them while testing until you get things where you want. They're just text files, so go through them and edit everything to the values you want (you can test the variables and their values using the SetSDL functions I mentioned previously). Save them, clear the vault one last time, and start the server. This is the best way to make all the changes you want for your server all at once, and no need to do any scripting or console typing.

From then on, if you want to make changes, you have two options. For global Ages like the City, you can use the dirtsand console to make Live Server Changes to the Age's SDL to do things like turn on the bahro flying around, etc. For private Ages like the Yeesha journey ones, or Fan Ages, if you want to add or change things in new instances you need to add those as new versions of the description in the Age's SDL file. Do this while the server is offline for maintenance, and when you restart it, it will now be the active SDL record definition.

J'Kla wrote:I am also interested in making my city links point to another age for example one of my fan ages.
Just curious. :?:

That requires you to modify game data, and is a whole other ball of bahro-wax. What do you specifically have in mind?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Previous

Return to Plasma Development