Looking at the dirtsand database structure

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Looking at the dirtsand database structure

Postby J'Kla » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:36 am

So far I have only been able to use this on an Ubuntu 32bit Desktop 16.04 Installation but this has enabled me to look at the underlying database structure.

The steps followed

I built a new server running Ubuntu 32bit Desktop on a PC with 1gig memory Using a Pentium 4 chip.

Once built I opened a Terminal window and followed the steps to install a LAN based dirtsand shard.

I crated one user account and tested the shard.

Logged in as dirtsand and again in a terminal window I ran the following code.

Code: Select all
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ $(lsb_release -cs)-pgdg main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list'
sudo apt install wget ca-certificates
wget --quiet -O - https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc | sudo apt-key add
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt install pgadmin3

[edit]
I do not know why but the forum does some strange line wrap at >> the first two lines are in fact one line of code and the >> is part of that one line if you highlite the code cut and paste it into a text editor it looks OK just thought I should mention this as I had issues till I figured out this was One line of code.

It looks perfect in preview it just goes strange when it is submitted. Go figure. ;)
[/edit]

This is a piece of software that allows you to look at a postgresql database structure in the same way that phpMyAdmin will allow you to examine a MySQL database.

The database does not need to be running there is a version 4 but I was not able to get this to work and there is a Windows install version but I was unable to get this to see the database running on a different computer.

This may be possible I just do not know how to achieve this.

pgAdmin III allows you to see the structure of the vault underlying the shard although I have yet to figure out how to look at the content or change anything.

I do not know if this will be a useful tool but it is one that may have some use in the future.
J'Kla

Return to Plasma Development