ZLZ PRP Importer

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

Postby Doobes » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:01 am

Sirius wrote:
Deledrius wrote:Aww, that's a shame. They've been on the fork since November, but I guess you didn't see them. Hope it helps anyway. :(

I didn't know this fork existed, I can't find any mention of it on Gitlab. Oh well, it's alright.


That's odd. I can see both Deledrius' and Hoikas' forks (after signing in with my GitHub account). /shrug

From a purely end-user standpoint, I highly recommend merging those changes too. I've been using them for awhile now and they definitely improve the final import in a few key ways, particularly for MOUL Ages and setting things up automatically for Korman. They also fixed that pesky "everything is set to Multiply" issue. ;)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Image
User avatar
Doobes
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: Savannah, GA, USA

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

Postby Sirius » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:22 am

Doobes wrote:That's odd. I can see both Deledrius' and Hoikas' forks (after signing in with my GitHub account). /shrug

Ah yes, it's only visible when signed in. Good to know.

Doobes wrote:From a purely end-user standpoint, I highly recommend merging those changes too. I've been using them for awhile now and they definitely improve the final import in a few key ways, particularly for MOUL Ages and setting things up automatically for Korman.

Don't worry, like I said I have all of Deledrius' modifs, and plenty more. ZLZ can now setup more than 20 Korman modifiers, has a bunch of bugfixes, etc. Should be pretty useful.

Doobes wrote:They also fixed that pesky "everything is set to Multiply" issue.

Okay, okay, I'll remove it ;) Personally I never had any issue with it, but whatever is more convenient.
User avatar
Sirius
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:46 am
Location: France

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

Postby Doobes » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:02 pm

Sirius wrote:Personally I never had any issue with it, but whatever is more convenient.


Really? That's odd. It caused the Ages I imported to export mostly black. /shrug

In any case, the work you guys have done and are still doing is making the conversion of the Cyan Ages to Korman-ready blend files much easier...so thank you. :)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Image
User avatar
Doobes
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: Savannah, GA, USA

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

Postby Sirius » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:01 pm

Ah, I thought it caused Blender to render those objects black - I didn't think about re-exporting to Plasma. Yeah, that could cause issues indeed. No problem, I'll remove it !

Doobes wrote:In any case, the work you guys have done and are still doing is making the conversion of the Cyan Ages to Korman-ready blend files much easier...so thank you. :)

You're welcome ! As someone who enjoys tinkering with Cyan's Ages, I understand how fun having them in Blender can be.
Thank you for your interest in it, this motivates me to keep improving it ! Don't hesitate to write about any issue you have with it, I'll do what I can to fix things.
And congrats to everyone who work on Korman - while I don't actually export Ages often, I still find it very pleasing to work with. HSPlasma too, obviously.

(Doobes, you'll stop thanking me once you get to reexporting the bigger Ages like Gahreesen or Teledahn. At that point, you'll probably run into so many issues you'll be cursing me instead :lol: )



EDIT:
I wrote:And here is my current version of the physics importer, which sums it all up.

(Just in case: I noticed I forgot to remove a bogus line around l98 in this file.)
Code: Select all
if version == pl.pvPots:
    if phys.mass != 0 or phys.getProperty(pl.plSimulationInterface.kPhysAnim):
        quatRot.identity()
        vectPos = Vector()
        self.collisionsInWorldSpace.append(blObj) # ← wrong - this definitely shouldn't be here.
User avatar
Sirius
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:46 am
Location: France

Previous

Return to Plasma Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron