ZLZ PRP Importer

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

Postby Sirius » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:23 am

This error sounds like an outdated Korman. Try reinstalling the latest version, and let me know how it works.

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:This issue may be partially due to an inability to set the texture source in the importer’s designated slot.

Ah right, it appears I didn't update the Wiki to explain what this does. This field is optional and won't cause issues if left empty. As you guessed, it's the path to MOUL's source TGA textures - these are used whenever possible because they are better quality than the ones in the PRPs. Problem is, Blender is unable to open two file selectors, so copy-pasting is the easiest way to specify that folder. To avoid issues, the importer only accepts as valid a path ending with "/sources/textures/tga" (backward slashes work as well, but don't add an extra slash at the end), since that's the current folder architecture in the official repo.

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:And the ZLZ texture importer only seems to go to the first .age it can find in my MOULa folder, which is Ahnonay of course... but that also fails. I can give you the log info on that as well if it helps.

Oops, been a while since I last tested this import option, I must have broken it at some point. I'll fix it eventually. The feature itself isn't really important now that we have all the original textures...
Sirius

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:14 pm

Sirius, thank you.
You nailed it: an overwriting re-installation of the current Korman fixed the issue. The page import is a beautiful thing.
Appreciate the help! :D
Emor D'ni Lap

Postby J'Kla » Tue May 17, 2022 7:47 am

I have had an interesting first pass of this and I like it a lot.

I did look in the Wiki and I am also working my way through Callum Travelers You Tube tutorials.

I did see the part about cloning the resources from Github and I have managed that but the wiki does talk about pointing ZLZ at the path that leads to these resources it nicely tells me the path but not where to put this path such that ZLZ can follow it.

Can I get a clue?
J'Kla

Postby Sirius » Sat May 21, 2022 4:19 am

Sure. Go to User Preferences (Ctrl Alt U), search "zero" and expand the plugin's panel (arrow on the left of the entry). You should see a text field labeled "MOUL source textures".
If you don't see it, make sure you're using the latest version of ZLZ.
Sirius

Previous

Return to Plasma Development