ZLZ PRP Importer

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

Postby Sirius » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:55 am

Thanks for the input, I'm beginning to see what the problem might be.
The texture blend type being set to "Multiply" should usually cause no issue for materials - it's required for proper alpha blending if I remember correctly. It also forces the texture to be tinted by the material's base color, which is always either white, or one of the "debug" colors like yellow, cyan, purple, etc - it's a bit redundant since those colors are always visible in Solid view, but again it should theoretically be no issue as the material is never fully black. If you really need to disable it, paste the following line into Blender's interactive Python window:
Code: Select all
for m in D.materials:
    for slot in m.texture_slots:
        if slot:
            slot.blend_type = "MIX"

However, I tried importing the GuildPub-Messengers.age, and everything looks correct on my end, so this is quite weird. Are you sure it's not caused by something else, like moving the light sources to another layer ?
Sirius

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:02 pm

Opened a PR that addresses the issue of animations not being imported from MOUL ages.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Sirius » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Cool :D My knowledge of how animations work across various PRP formats was quite limited at the time, so this is a good thing.

Animations import has always been quite buggy anyway. It doesn't correctly account for parenting, and causes exceptions on some occasions. At some point I should see if it can be improved further...
Sirius

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Any issues preventing the merge of #1 into mainline ZLZ?
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Sirius » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:41 am

Nothing aside from my dumb brain keeping forgetting to actually validate the merge :/ My bad, will do it ASAP. Once again thanks for the contribution ! :)

EDIT: Done. People looking for the upgrade can head over to the Wiki page, download the latest version and install it the same way they did with the last.
Sirius

Previous

Return to Plasma Development