Page 3 of 3

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:01 am
by Doobes
Sirius wrote:
Deledrius wrote:Aww, that's a shame. They've been on the fork since November, but I guess you didn't see them. Hope it helps anyway. :(

I didn't know this fork existed, I can't find any mention of it on Gitlab. Oh well, it's alright.


That's odd. I can see both Deledrius' and Hoikas' forks (after signing in with my GitHub account). /shrug

From a purely end-user standpoint, I highly recommend merging those changes too. I've been using them for awhile now and they definitely improve the final import in a few key ways, particularly for MOUL Ages and setting things up automatically for Korman. They also fixed that pesky "everything is set to Multiply" issue. ;)

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:22 am
by Sirius
Doobes wrote:That's odd. I can see both Deledrius' and Hoikas' forks (after signing in with my GitHub account). /shrug

Ah yes, it's only visible when signed in. Good to know.

Doobes wrote:From a purely end-user standpoint, I highly recommend merging those changes too. I've been using them for awhile now and they definitely improve the final import in a few key ways, particularly for MOUL Ages and setting things up automatically for Korman.

Don't worry, like I said I have all of Deledrius' modifs, and plenty more. ZLZ can now setup more than 20 Korman modifiers, has a bunch of bugfixes, etc. Should be pretty useful.

Doobes wrote:They also fixed that pesky "everything is set to Multiply" issue.

Okay, okay, I'll remove it ;) Personally I never had any issue with it, but whatever is more convenient.

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:02 pm
by Doobes
Sirius wrote:Personally I never had any issue with it, but whatever is more convenient.


Really? That's odd. It caused the Ages I imported to export mostly black. /shrug

In any case, the work you guys have done and are still doing is making the conversion of the Cyan Ages to Korman-ready blend files much easier...so thank you. :)

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:01 pm
by Sirius
Ah, I thought it caused Blender to render those objects black - I didn't think about re-exporting to Plasma. Yeah, that could cause issues indeed. No problem, I'll remove it !

Doobes wrote:In any case, the work you guys have done and are still doing is making the conversion of the Cyan Ages to Korman-ready blend files much easier...so thank you. :)

You're welcome ! As someone who enjoys tinkering with Cyan's Ages, I understand how fun having them in Blender can be.
Thank you for your interest in it, this motivates me to keep improving it ! Don't hesitate to write about any issue you have with it, I'll do what I can to fix things.
And congrats to everyone who work on Korman - while I don't actually export Ages often, I still find it very pleasing to work with. HSPlasma too, obviously.

(Doobes, you'll stop thanking me once you get to reexporting the bigger Ages like Gahreesen or Teledahn. At that point, you'll probably run into so many issues you'll be cursing me instead :lol: )



EDIT:
I wrote:And here is my current version of the physics importer, which sums it all up.

(Just in case: I noticed I forgot to remove a bogus line around l98 in this file.)
Code: Select all
if version == pl.pvPots:
    if phys.mass != 0 or phys.getProperty(pl.plSimulationInterface.kPhysAnim):
        quatRot.identity()
        vectPos = Vector()
        self.collisionsInWorldSpace.append(blObj) # ← wrong - this definitely shouldn't be here.

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:06 am
by Doobes
Speaking of physicals, I made a slight change to physImporter.py to exclude detector regions from getting a collision mod. Korman's collision modifier, even with nothing checked, breaks the region in-game. It looks like there was a list used to weed those out, but was never implemented (isCollider). The slight adjustment of the code I made uses it and, after testing, excludes the detector regions from getting a mod. :)

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:37 am
by Sirius
Good catch, I forgot to ignore regions when adding support for Korman's collider mod. Will fix this soon on my end. Thanks for the report !

Doobes wrote:It looks like there was a list used to weed those out, but was never implemented (isCollider).

isCollider is actually used to put colliders and regions on different layers (so that the two are easier to tell apart):
Code: Select all
self.parent.sceneImporter.appendObjectToScenes(blObj, SceneImporter.layerColliders if isCollider else SceneImporter.layerRegions)