Dirtsand on a VPS

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Dirtsand on a VPS

Postby Surta » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:43 pm

After playing some more in the ages, I'm so very pleased to say everything seems to work flawlessly - behaving just as it should. You can imagine how happy I am!

Only two little things prevent it from being perfect: Gahreesen and the GZ.

Gahreesen top floor missing: could it be that somehow it's loading the "hood version" instead of the full one? I'm not sure how that is possible because I'm using Cyan's own age files, but I have no idea what could be wrong otherwise. If it's the python.pak file I'm obviously lost as well, because I wouldn't know Python from a Garter snake :lol:

Great Zero missing in Nexus: I could be all wet here as well, but when I added that code block Hoikas linked to, suddenly I got a list of pubs that weren't there before. It also consistently displays a fan age (ChisoPreniv) and I verified that code block is NOT in the file. Could it be that somehow, the list got shifted or something? Of course just to test I added the code block for Chiso Preniv to static_ages.ini, but I didn't notice any difference then.

I'd be so grateful if we could sort those two issues, because it would mean a 100% playable URU once those are sorted :D

Side note: Speaking of ChisoPreniv, is it possible to disable this altogether in the Nexus? If I leave the age files out of my server, it crashes the player when trying to use the link. If I add the age files to the file server, it actually crashes the vault altogether. Alternatively I'd ask how I can make it work, but I think fan ages is more suitable for a future phase of my Uru server adventures ;)
Surta

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:40 pm

Surta wrote:Gahreesen top floor missing: could it be that somehow it's loading the "hood version" instead of the full one? I'm not sure how that is possible because I'm using Cyan's own age files, but I have no idea what could be wrong otherwise. If it's the python.pak file I'm obviously lost as well, because I wouldn't know Python from a Garter snake

I've been scratching my head on this for a few days now--this issue sounds really familiar, but I'm not coming up with anything. The way this works is by default, Gahreesen is in the "hood" configuration. The python file grsnPageMaster.py should fix it to be a personal instance when applicable. The only thing I can really suggest is making sure your Garrisonm.age file is complete.

Great Zero missing in Nexus

Can you remind me where your python.pak came from? I thought the GZ ought to be visible by now...

Side note: Speaking of ChisoPreniv, is it possible to disable this altogether in the Nexus?

Do this in the DirtSand console: globalsdl Nexus nsxusShowChiso 0
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Surta » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:13 am

Happy happy happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gahreesen is FIXED :D :D :D Thank you SO much, editing the age file with the information you linked to did the trick. There now is a second floor!! Another checkmark on the list of bugs squashed!

As for the the python.pak, I'm using the Gehn version - and as you mentioned a while back, I deleted all the other .py files from the folder. GZ is still MIA though.

Oh and the command `globalsdl Nexus nsxusShowChiso 0` came back with Error: Failed to change variable 'nsxusShowChiso'. I thought I'd be smart and change it to `globalsdl Nexus nExusShowChiso 0`but obviously that didn't work either or I would have declared victory there too :lol:
Surta

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:34 am

Crap, typo. How about: globalsdl Nexus nxusShowChiso 0

Still coming up blank on the missing GZ.... :? :? :?
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Surta » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:17 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Crap, typo. How about: globalsdl Nexus nxusShowChiso 0

Still coming up blank on the missing GZ.... :? :? :?

That worked! Buggy link B gone. I was secretly hoping that would bring back the GZ but no such luck I'm afraid. I'm sure something will come up someday!

Ok, after a bit of a brainwave, could it be that my missing GZ has anything to do with the 3rd book crashing? Remember, that one gives the error

[Auth] Got client python traceback:
cPythLinkingBookGUIPopup - Traceback (most recent call last):
File "xLinkingBookGUIPopup.py", line 199, in OnNotify
File "xLinkingBookGUIPopup.py", line 543, in IShowBookTreasure
File "xLinkingBookGUIPopup.py", line 706, in BuildCityBook
KeyError: 'grtzGrtZeroLinkRm'

You also mentioned either adding the GZ link page back or turning off the great zero linking book.

Could it be that the Gehn python file has altered this bit of information so that it doesn't work on mere mortals' servers any longer? Just thinking out loud here... I'm probably all wet.
Surta

Postby Surta » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:49 am

Meanwhile, I have been having some fun with the client :)

@Paradox, I solved the issue of the missing SDK kit. I copied the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib\10.0.18362.0 from my old computer over to the new one. Now the plClient file gets created on the new one as well... just to confirm that you were 100% correct: it obviously doesn't get installed on newer machines any longer.

More fun: I found it rather confusing to have the same icon on my desktop as MOULa. So after a little digging, I found out how to exchange the icon and also the client banner, then recompiled the client.
Also, in the Plasma folder I found the file create_resource_dat.py which meant I could change the loading images for Uru. Now the server is truly mine :D
Surta

Postby Surta » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Yeah, I know, I'm triple posting again :D I just wanted to say that I managed to finish all the green and red markers now. Still no Great Zero, but at least it is possible to create custom games now (definitely needed as a Minkata bread crumb trail, haha).

Still, if you guys have idea idea how to get the GZ itself to appear, I'd be all ears... but it's definitely not as "urgent" now. Is there a way to cheat oneself into the GZ? I remember with the old Until Uru you could "spawn" to certain areas, is there something like that in the MOUL software?

And I know, I asked this before, please don't think I'm a nag but is there a way to enable sparklies? I know Gehn went all out with the montly appearance but I'd be just as happy to have them all at once.

As always, thanks you all so much for getting me this far (and for facilitating this open source software), the server is buttery smooth. Even the sinking through the floor "bug" has completely disappeared after I recreated the files with the manifest, so really we're down to only two bugs now (the other one being the crashing of the 3rd book)!

Really happy with the result!
Surta

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:02 pm

You'll have to go through the SDL files and manually enable them using the globalsdl command in the DirtSand console. For example, I think the Minkata one is something like globalsdl Minkata minkCalendarSpark06 1. Of course, if you do this, don't be surprised if the Gehn Python turns them each back off when their month is over :ugeek:
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Surta » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:22 am

Thank you Hoikas! So, if I understand you correctly:

The Minaka SDL (your example) reads

Code: Select all
VAR BOOL    minkCalendarSpark06[1]              DEFAULT=0 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT

I should not touch the file itself, right? But instead, type this in the console:

Code: Select all
globalsdl Minkata minkCalendarSpark06 1

This will enable the Minkata sparklie until the Gehn python file decides the time is up, which could be 1 week from now or 11 months, depending on the original expiry date?

And then do the same for all other 11 sparklies? Or did I miss something?

Edit: that worked!!! I switched on Minkata and Eder Gira now, still need to figure out the rest. All that's left is waiting which one will disappear a week from now :D
Surta

Postby Chuckles58 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:28 pm

Surta, there is a static page of "Goodies" on the MOULa Forums that lists the twelve months and which Sparkly is supposed to appear. I think the official MOULa server has them all active, all year round.
https://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=184032#p184032
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development