Dirtsand on a VPS

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Dirtsand on a VPS

Postby Surta » Tue May 12, 2020 8:51 am

Whooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo! You are so right!! I checked the build\Release at first and was about to post "nah nothing" but it's sure there, in bin :D Thank you so much for getting me this far!!!

So now what is next, I take it I still need to do "stuff" with it to make it external? Or is that all taken care of? Again, my deepest gratitude, you truly have been awesome!

Edit: and, I'm IN!!!! In my own server!!! It worked! I'm so excited right now, thank you so very very much Hoikas (and others behind the scenes), I'm sure I will have more questions but for now I'm so very happy!
Surta

Postby Surta » Wed May 13, 2020 9:16 am

You knew I'd be back, right? :D I'm running into two issues (one of my own doing), hopefully they'll be easy to resolve.

First, although I can get in the game now, create an avatar and run around Relto, the hood and Gahreesen (through the stone), I can't pick up my KI. The hotspot appears, but when I click it, it disappears and nothing happens. Likewise with the pillar to the desert, I can click it, but it won't open. Same with links in Nexus, closet, etc. Is that a setting I need to change? Oh I forgot to mention that I'm using the SDL list from H-uru/moul-scripts but I did get a server error (something about avatar customization SDL being wrong) the first time I logged in.

Second, Tsar Hoikas, I owe you an apology. When I cleaned out the Github folder, I must have accidentally deleted the rest of the githubs, including moul_utils. Of course I cloned it back, but now when I run manifest.py I get "ImportError: No module named PyHSPlasma". I remember you told me it's part of libhsplasma, so I cloned that and tried to build it according to the instructions. That one tells me

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "string_theory"
(requested version 2.0) with any of the following names:
string_theoryConfig.cmake
string_theory-config.cmake

Of course then I cloned string_theory and ran it with the new instructions for Windows, which seems to "do something" (it finishes without errors), but I still can't install libhsplasma because it keeps telling me that it needs string_theory - and thus can't run manifest.py any longer.

I know I had it running in the past, but I don't remember going through all these actions at all. What am I missing this time? :oops:
Surta

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri May 15, 2020 4:26 pm

I think you'll want to adjust the libHSPlasma build to use the devlibs that were downloaded for CWE.

I am more concerned with why the KI machine is not working correctly. You might want to examine the python.0.log file in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uru Live\log for any tracebacks.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Surta » Fri May 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Thanks so much for all your help Hoikas, I can't say that enough. So, first... please realize I'm but a humble beginner... I understood what you meant by devlibs that were downloaded for CWE, since I only recently downloaded those when I created the client. I unzipped the files in the libHSPlasma folder but that is where I am lost... what comes next? :oops:

Second, here is the log file of me creating an avatar, then trying the desert pillar and visiting Gahreesen through the neighborhood. Hopefully you'll be able to see what's wrong... I feel we are sooo close though! I know it seems like we've gone backwards a few times but this is the first time that I have a full blown data server, a client that works with it and actually managed to get into the server without major crashes... a HUGE step forward for sure!
Attachments
log.zip
(75.55 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Surta

Postby Surta » Thu May 28, 2020 5:52 pm

Ok, this time, so close to the finish line, I'm not going to let it go another 6 months now :D Would you guys have any idea, any at all, what might be the culprit? As always, you have been soo helpful, I just don't want to give up now!
Surta

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri May 29, 2020 10:36 am

I looked through the logs and saw nothing obviously wrong. I see where the KI machine is triggering but no errors indicating bad things happened.

The only thing that comes to mind is this. Check your python directory in the client. If you have a python.pak file and loose .py files in the directory, they will somehow "conflict" with one another and bad things will happen. I can't remember all of the side effects of this, but that's been niggling at me since I first read your second post. If you are in this situation, delete everything except for python.pak.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Surta » Fri May 29, 2020 1:00 pm

You know, I think you most definitely have a point (as if it's ever different) :lol:

I deleted all the extra files and folders in python (which were copied across from the Destiny client) and just kept the python.pak file (which is from the Gehn shard). In fact I now remember the reason why I copied in all those files in the first place: I only get a black screen when I use the .pak file.

With just the python.pak file, the server spits out this error:

[Auth] Got client python traceback:
cPyStartUp - Traceback (most recent call last):
File "stupStartUp", line 105, in OnServerInitComplete
NameError: global name 'PtIsSubscriptionActive' is not defined

[Auth] Got client python traceback:
cPyDialogStartUp - Traceback (most recent call last):
File "xDialogStartUp", line 200, in OnServerInitComplete
NameError: global name 'PtIsSubscriptionActive' is not defined

And the Python.0 log file mentions this:

(05/29 12:52:31) xKI: Max version 58 - minor version 52.
(05/29 12:52:31) __xOptionsMenu: Max version 8 - minor version 4
(05/29 12:52:31) __init__clftYeeshaPage08 v.1
(05/29 12:52:31) Yes, the Advanced Settings dialog loaded.
(05/29 12:52:31) Yes, the Navigation dialog loaded.
(05/29 12:52:31) Yes, the Audio dialog loaded.
(05/29 12:52:31) Yes, the ResetWarn Dialog loaded.
(05/29 12:52:31) stupStartUp: init version = 1
(05/29 12:52:31) xKI.DetermineCensorLevel(): The censor level is 1.
(05/29 12:52:31) xKI.DetermineKILevel(): The KI Level is 1.
(05/29 12:52:31) xKI.DetermineKILevel(): The KI Marker Level is 0.
(05/29 12:52:31) xKI.BigKIRefreshFolderList(): Buddies folder is missing.
(05/29 12:52:31) xKI.BigKIRefreshNeighborFolder(): Neighbors folder is missing.
(05/29 12:52:31) xKI.BigKIRefreshFolderList(): PeopleIKnowAbout folder is missing.
(05/29 12:52:31) xKI.BigKIRefreshFolderList(): IgnoreList folder is missing.
(05/29 12:52:31) xKI.BigKIRefreshAgeVisitorFolders(): Error finding Age Visitors folder.
(05/29 12:52:31) xKI.BigKIRefreshAgesOwnedFolder(): Error finding Age folder.
(05/29 12:52:32) xDialogStartUp: init version = 3
(05/29 12:52:32) cPyStartUp - Traceback (most recent call last):
(05/29 12:52:32) File "stupStartUp", line 105, in OnServerInitComplete
(05/29 12:52:32) NameError: global name 'PtIsSubscriptionActive' is not defined
(05/29 12:52:32) cPyDialogStartUp - Traceback (most recent call last):
(05/29 12:52:32) File "xDialogStartUp", line 200, in OnServerInitComplete
(05/29 12:52:32) NameError: global name 'PtIsSubscriptionActive' is not defined
(05/29 12:53:19) xKI.GetYeeshaPageDefs(): Trying to access the Chronicle psnlSDL failed: psnlSDL = "None".

And, as I said, the screen remains black (though when I hover the mouse towards the bottom, I see the Relto book appear briefly).

Once again I have hope that we're getting somewhere 8-)
Surta

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri May 29, 2020 5:13 pm

That looks like an old python.pak if it's choking up on PtIsSubscriptionActive(). You can either grab a new copy of the Gehn Shard python.pak or use the tool plPythonPack (this is built with the client) to package all of the loose python files into python.pak.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Surta » Fri May 29, 2020 6:07 pm

Thank you Hoikas! I will try that.

However that makes me circle back to my recent problem, and I apologize for being such a nuisance: the manifest script. Somehow I can't get it to work any longer because I accidentally deleted the folder, which obviously contained some vital files to make it work.

In order to update the python.pak file on the server, I will need to get manifest to work again... and I am at a loss how to do that right now :cry: I have the devlibs files but I'm not clear what to do next... naturally the first thing I tried was unzip the folder in the libHSPlasma and also moul_utils folder but it still wasn't satisfied...
Surta

Postby Surta » Sat May 30, 2020 9:11 am

Guys, Hoikas in particular - YOU DID IT!!!! It worked!!! I have a working server... with KI dispenser, closet works now and I have been in the desert. You have no idea how happy I am right now!!!!

Of course I got there the "cheating" way, by just using 7zip to create a python.pak.gz file and upload that to the ClientPreload folder. Now it downloads several times per session - but that is a small matter :D

Another small error, I visited the closet and got

[SDL] Requested invalid descriptor AvatarCustomization

But my guess is that once I manage to get the manifest script to work, I can start hunting for a better set of SDL files. I just can't believe I accidentally deleted the folder and lost my ability to use the script, it doesn't make sense...

I am SO excited right now, it was such a tremendous learning curve - still is - but I really think we're finally truly almost there!

/happydance
Surta

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development