Current PyPRP Issues

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Current PyPRP Issues

Postby Trylon » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:05 pm

I'd like to make a list of PyPRP problems that currently exist, so that we have a list of problems to solve or take into account on refactoring/updating.
If you know any problems please post them below.

Preferred style:

Problem Tag: [Short problem name]
Description:
[Long Problem description]
Causes / Solution:
(optional)[How you think the problem is caused, and/or how you think it could be solved]
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Re: Current PyPRP Issues

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:55 pm

Why not use the Alcugs Trac? It's a lot easier to keep things in the same place IMO.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Aloys » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:18 pm

Most people probably don't want to bother with a tracking software. (Although Trac doesn't sound any difficult to use.)
Last edited by Aloys on Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aloys

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:05 pm

Sounds like a fast way to become disorganized...
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Aloys » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:17 pm

Don't freak out :p We're just discussing what's the easiest way to get that list done. I agree Trac would be the best way for you, but most users may not want to bother with it, it's just easier for them to post here..

Trylon: we might end up with a long list are there any specific kinds of problems you want to list?
Aloys

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:25 pm

Indeed. If you want user feedback, best make it easy for them to give said feedback. I know people that don't submit bug reports for annoying moul problems because they don't want to bother with registering and using the support site. (not me, I use it all the time. ;) )
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:26 pm

I guess my views are a bit antediluvian, then. I was under the impression that if a user truly wanted a bug fixed, then (s)he would submit the bug with detailed information to a certain, central place.

Then again, I'm a developer who doesn't want to have to fight unnecessary battles (digging for info, syncing info, having to beg for details, etc.) to get a bug fixed.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:52 pm

On the other hand, if you can get a trac site on this domain (trac.guildofwriters.com, for instance) and link to it prominently from the wiki that should be moving here soon, the main page, and the forums, it would be a good thing for all involved.

Ok, who wants to go set that up? ;)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Chacal » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:30 am

I submitted a ticket on Trac.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Trylon » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:31 am

I don't have a problem with a long list. I think it's important to have as much issues as possible listed in an organized place (I had forgotten about the trac, it sounds like a really good place!), so that we can see what can be fixed - sometimes multiple issues can be fixed in one go, or are symptoms of the same problem. It's good to have them all collected...

For now, I'd like to have priority on issues that are related to drawables (anything to do with visuals, lighting, etc,etc), simulation (physics), regions and coordinate stuff (Hmm, that's basically everything)

Further, usability features should be addressed as well - ambiguities in the interface and the like... Suggestions for change are welcome as well..
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Next

Return to Plasma Development