Current PyPRP Issues

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Current PyPRP Issues

Postby Goofy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:55 am

well don't know if its considered to be an issue, but when importing some of cyans ages, I've noticed that some of thier textures aren't UVmapped. While most are is there anyway to change the way the pyprp plugin looks at textures.

The reason I'm asking is so far nothing I do creates the same effect when using blender materials and textures or my own textures. UVmapping distorts things to much. well it does for me :roll: :cry: for someone thats new to 3d modeling it can be a pain in the arse to figure out and getting it to look right with UVmapping even with a tutorial. well unless you've been doing this for years.
We keep moving forward,
openning up new doors and doing new things,
Because we're curious... and curiosity keeps
leading us down new paths

Walt Disney

Keep moving forward
Goofy

Postby Chacal » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:37 pm

About Trac: since this GoW forum was started, pretty much everyone in the Age building community has been coming here. New people are joining every day. While it will not replace some more specialized sites, it can become our Nexus. I still have more than 20 bookmarks about Age building, some of which are dead, some of which are confusing (new people have no idea what the Alcugs project was), some of which are very low-traffic (COBBS).

So it would make sense for anyone having problems with the plug-in or any of the tools to come here looking for advice and a way to report problems. They should at least find a link here, and maybe a place to just report a problem without opening a ticket on the intimidating Trac. Also, maybe trylon can use this forum as a filter, copying only real bugs to Trac.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Aloys » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:31 pm

(New year's resolution for me in 2008: reply to this thread with a list of things to fix/change.. :oops: )
Aloys

Postby MustardJeep » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:03 pm

Hello,

The Trac system you are talking about sounds like it will fit the bill for something that the [GoMa]- Supporters are thinking about. Could someone PM me with the contact info for who ever got and setup the software for it. If possible I would also like a basic crash course in using your Trac system on top of a few technical questions. If we [GoMa] types are going to try inspecting your Ages it would behoove us to submit things we find into your bug tracking system since you have one.

Thanks
MustardJeep
Communications Department
Guild of Maintainers - Supporters
MustardJeep

Postby Nadnerb » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:09 pm

I think the trac is set up for bugs in the plugin and tools, not the ages... Perhaps another could be set up here for age bugs. The age owner would also need privileges to track the tickets on their ages. If this is going to be used for 'maintain' ing, then it would probably be best to have another setup, either here or at the goma. If there's hosting for it there, then you're probably all set once you find someone who can set it up..
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby MustardJeep » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:24 pm

Sorry wandered off to the trac website reading a few things.

Using it for tracking the bugs we find in the Ages is more or less the idea, and I figured we would probably install a copy on our site. Though I'm sure nobody would mind if we mucked up 3/4th's of the pyprp bug tracking using your copy for Age Bug tracking; Pyprp isn't buggy so that can't be important information can it? :lol:

Installing a copy on our site is why I was wanting to speak with who ever installed it for you folks, since hopefully they will remember any pitfalls in getting it up and running. Once it is up at the [GoMa] site it will be the same basic familiar tracking software the GoW uses so there would be less to learn, and a bit of a standard for tracking things. Which in my book seems a good thing. :D
MustardJeep

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:50 am

MJ: I just PMed you with Almlys's contact info - he set up the Trac system at Alcugs.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby MustardJeep » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:34 am

Thanks. :)
MustardJeep

Previous

Return to Plasma Development