Bug: Eder Gira fish trap physics

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Bug: Eder Gira fish trap physics

Postby jfmherokiller » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 pm

I seem to be unable to get the fish trap to behave like a bridge.

I have been attempting to use the placement photos from offline guides such as from https://www.fisicx.com/uru/walkthrough.htm

This is my current position as of this post
Show Spoiler

I have also tried to avoid the fireflies and go by memory (eg explore offine using "offline ki" and its /glow command and then go from there).

However, it seems items like the steam generator, door lever, and Journey patch do not function without having fireflies. (also as a side note this seems to be equivalent to uru CC offline where nothing can be interacted with in the dark even with /glow)

A possible fix could be to tilt this structure over just enough that a player could walk on it but they would need to be extra careful (eg a tightrope walk)

Show Spoiler

As a kind of bonus have me standing in the same location in gira (right in front of the hidden steam generator in the first black cave) in both uru offline and ghen. Left is offline right is ghen. (open image in new tab)

Show Spoiler
jfmherokiller

Re: Bug: Eder Gira fish trap physics

Postby Acorn » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:16 am

There seems to be a random bug which means the fish traps don't behave. But I have found that quitting the game and starting it up again seems to allow the fish baskets (and PhysX) to work properly again. Tsar Hoikas has commented that he doesn't see why this should work, but I suggest you try it and see! :lol:
Last edited by Acorn on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acorn

Postby jfmherokiller » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:25 pm

Acorn wrote:There seems a random bug which means the fish traps don't behave. But I have found that quitting the game and starting it up again seems to allow the fish baskets (and PhysX) to work properly again. Tsar Hoikas has commented that he doesn't see why this should work, but I suggest you try it and see! :lol:

Ah thanks ill give that a shot.

Btw here's a list of specific issues with the fishtraps I have encountered thus far:
* Getting stuck on the slanted edge and linking back to relto.
* Fishtrap slides left or right leading to splashdown.
* Fishtrap rotates causing either getting stuck or splashdown.
* Fishtrap becomes projectile and goes flying (legit had the fishtrap go flying off the waterfall to the right and require me to reset the age to get it back).

List of theries:
* physx sensitivity is different between uruCC and shard.
* fishtrap is weighted differently between uruCC and shard.
* fishtrap physbox has a bug offline (could be off-center or a slightly different shape or something like that) and online the bug was fixed.

Possible Fixes I can think of (besides trying the "did you turn it off and back on" fix):
* allow the fishtrap to switch between a static or dynamic object if the user preses the interact key on it. (I have seen this method used in physics puzzles in games like gmod and hl2dm).
* Add an alternate but possibly harder route (eg some kind of tightrope walk).
* Make the items work in the pitch dark, this would partially negate the need for fireflies but will require the user to aimless search areas or know where stuff is before hand.

Btw your fix worked. Now to figure out how to get past the hole before the cave.
jfmherokiller

Postby Acorn » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:14 am

jfmherokiller wrote:

Btw your fix worked.

100% record for it working so far, amongst those who have had the problem ;)
Acorn

Postby Dreamer » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:57 pm

Thanks for the "turn it off and turn it back on" idea. That worked for me. I'm pretty sure the post-reboot fish traps were bigger than the previous ones.
Dreamer

Return to Gehn Shard