New Content??

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: New Content??

Postby Deledrius » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:00 pm

N. Sigismund wrote: The viable development of content should not require an ancient version of Max.

It doesn't. Updated versions of the Max Plugin for modern Max have been available for a year now.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Christopher » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:24 am

Deledrius wrote:
N. Sigismund wrote: The viable development of content should not require an ancient version of Max.

It doesn't. Updated versions of the Max Plugin for modern Max have been available for a year now.

Well, but as far as I know it's not yet fully operational. It's a while since I last tried it out. One big problem I remember were animations. The plugin always freezes when I try to export animations. Correct me if this was fixed in the past.

@Karkadann:
cskid13 wrote:Important: There is a good chance that we won't be able to release these ages because of the fact that they are meant to be part of the Spiral Journey.

This might be a problem. Why should I work on an age, if it won't be published? Personally I am also not interested in this project, because it's more or less the same as the other spiral ages. Don't get me wrong, the stuff you modelled looks good, but it's nothing new. Maybe you could find more people if you come up with new ideas for new riddles and new age designes.

Christopher
Christopher

Postby Deledrius » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:34 am

Christopher wrote:
Deledrius wrote:
Well, but as far as I know it's not yet fully operational. It's a while since I last tried it out. One big problem I remember were animations. The plugin always freezes when I try to export animations. Correct me if this was fixed in the past.

It's meant to be fully operational. If it's not working, then that's a bug and it would really help it get fixed if it were reported. I don't recall hearing of this before. If you can narrow it down at all, provide the details and open an issue on the project's repository.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Karkadann » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Christopher wrote:@Karkadann:
cskid13 wrote:Important: There is a good chance that we won't be able to release these ages because of the fact that they are meant to be part of the Spiral Journey.

This might be a problem. Why should I work on an age, if it won't be published? Personally I am also not interested in this project, because it's more or less the same as the other spiral ages. Don't get me wrong, the stuff you modelled looks good, but it's nothing new. Maybe you could find more people if you come up with new ideas for new riddles and new age designes.
Christopher

Good Point, I still have the all the parts and pieces so if anyone has any ideas how it can be modified with new riddles or what ever you think it needs im all ears.
Or Even Better If a few people what to get together to discuss a new age Idea, Pic a time Place and Shard and perhaps we could get together and do some brain storming as far as what kind of age would fit into Ghen shard the best, who would work on what ext ext

You could have an exclusive Ghen Shard age that perhaps represents what the GoW is all about, perhaps something with an age writing theme to it, as if someone uncovered a room or an age where the People of D'ni got together and learned/taught how to write Descriptive linking books all the materials involved in writing the different kind of book
Last edited by Karkadann on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Christopher » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:48 am

@Deledrius: I will take a look into it. If the problem still exists I will open an issue. I metioned it before a few times here in the forums, but I didn't had the idea to open an issue :oops:

Christopher
Christopher

Postby Deledrius » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:43 am

Christopher wrote:@Deledrius: I will take a look into it. If the problem still exists I will open an issue. I metioned it before a few times here in the forums, but I didn't had the idea to open an issue :oops:

Christopher

Sorry, I may have missed it, or it was before I was more active on the forum here. If it's still an issue, making a formal bug report on it is the best way (though still not foolproof ;) ) to get it at least looked into.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:42 am

Personally I never suspected that Lontahv's lost age of Tre'bivdil would be the new content. It has been a long time since I last visited that age. I was hoping for Fehnir House or the Dakotah Meeting Room.

I do appreciate that the Great Tree Pub was extended, but there is still no access to the Great Tree (when you push the hot spot the bridge does not activate)
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:49 am

I'd never seen this age before. So it's all fresh and lovely to relative newbies like me, and Gehn 10 is a great way of helping us access it.

I've just searched through the forums to find out more - I gather this Age won a prize a few years back? So I guess it's earned its place of honour on the shard. It's great to learn from this debate that there's yet more good stuff out there.
Acorn

Postby Deledrius » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:04 am

Correct, Tre'bivdil was the winner of one of the RAD contests some years back.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Karkadann » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:10 pm

I keep on getting stuck at the bottom of the stairs over at Tre'bivdil, am I missing something, I thought their was a trap door leading to the cavern or something underneath also I cant find the light down their.
Or is that for the next update?
Last edited by Karkadann on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard