New Content??

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: New Content??

Postby janaba » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:39 pm

There is nothing else underneath, Karkadann, most probably there was something planned by Lontahv initially,
but when you think of in what a short span of time those ages were created from scratch back then I think
they're quite complex ... I don't hang down there btw ... :P

This was one of the guidelines from the RAD contests
Rapid Age Development (RAD) is a competition in which various Writers try to produce an Age within a very
short space of time to demonstrate what can be created with the currently available tools. The Ages do not
have to be finished, and can be completed after the contest ends.

Here you can see the contest winners from the RAD November 2008 with Tre'bivdil as the winning age ... :)
janaba

Postby Lontahv » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Karkadann wrote:I keep on getting stuck at the bottom of the stairs over at Tre'bivdil, am I missing something, I thought their was a cavern or something underneath also I cant find the light down their.
Or is that for the next update?

There is nothing down there but a dark empty room (janaba already clarified this). The stairway was to add texture to that block and add the possibility of extending the age if I worked on it beyond the RAD competition. I also wanted to leave people curious.

The age may seem skimpy on volume of content but that was intentional. I was going for the haute cuisine appeal.
Last edited by Lontahv on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reference new post
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Deledrius » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:58 am

I have a question regarding existing fan ages, as I haven't played nearly all of them I'm hoping someone else will know:

Which ages have working puzzles in them? Most of the ones I've seen have been tech demos, art showcases, or mood-and-space exhibits.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby dendwaler » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:01 am

Turtle isle has a very difficult journey with hints where to find the clothes on several places, with a new area as a reward when solved .
And it has a nice professionaly designed " no left turn" maze.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:44 am

Deledrius wrote:I have a question regarding existing fan ages, as I haven't played nearly all of them I'm hoping someone else will know:

Which ages have working puzzles in them? Most of the ones I've seen have been tech demos, art showcases, or mood-and-space exhibits.

I have counted 31 ages with puzzles of one type or another
Show Spoiler
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Deledrius » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:35 am

Thanks for the answers. :) I've only see a couple of those (I really wish there was a definitive easy-to-browse listing, with screenies and categories).
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:19 am

If you had some time available, Deledrius, you'd just had to click through this list and you could
tell from the extent, the breadth of the greenish covered walkthrough section if or if not there might
be something to explore ... The pictures are partially very old (just see the Tre'bivdil one, might be
wrong as well) and sometimes even wrong or misleading like e.g. 'Serene' by Andy where this age
is presented with a picture of an 'Ahra Pahts' shell containing a link to Serene and thus missing out
on a real impression of the age ... The awesome 'R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn' age isn't on that list at all ... :P

Yeah, I just thought, you could independently of any other means just sit for a few minutes and
just get a glimpse of what's available and might be considered useful for future implementation ... :D
janaba

Postby janaba » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am

Sorry for a double post, but the situation is more worse than I realized before ...
On the UAM Wiki ages and also the gallery page, mentioned above, there are so
many pictures completely mixed up ... :?

I am very glad that I saved that website at the beginning of this year as a PDF ...
If anybody would be interested, maybe also someone maintaining the GoW Wiki,
I am uploading that file as I write ... Please, download it here (7.35 MB) ...

This is just the picture gallery with all the ages incl. names, but maybe useful
as a start, to tell one from the other ... I have all ages installed and have many
pictures already available and could even take more of the ones needed or
desired, if anyone would need them for whatever ... Yeah, just so you all know ... :P
janaba

Postby Jogi » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Here is a list on which you can see at one glance which Ages are worth to visit:
Uru Glossary Fan created Ages

Edit:
Of course, all fan made Ages are worth to visit! There are differences in regard to puzzles and graphics quality, though. :)
Jogi

Postby janaba » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:41 pm

OMG, Norfren completed his Uru Fan Age Glossary ... I am very impressed, this is so awesome ... :P

Thanks, for the pointer, Jogi ... Now you have something very comfortable and convenient at
hand, Deledrius, or anybody interested to comfortably preview all available ages in one place
at the same time and having a small description at hand or even further links if needed plus
those most enchanting perfect images, this is an awesome service and gift and a precious
resource and convenience to have ... Many Kudos and thanks to our Norfren for those
immense efforts and dedication ... :)
janaba

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard