New Content??

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: New Content??

Postby gabriml » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:22 pm

I'd like to put in a vote for Pre-Swaltu. It does not have puzzles per se but it takes some definite avatar skills to discover all the hidden areas--lots of them--in fact its huge. There are some buttons to turn on/off some sliding/bouncing items in the first area...tut tut tut get that thing...no no no try again...
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

Postby Lontahv » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I too like Pre-Swaltu, however, there is one concern I have. Pre-Swaltu is highly physics based--in fact all motion is derived from the physics system. Since Uru Complete Chronicles the physics engine has entirely changed. This means things might not operate as expected. However, this could be an unfounded concern since it has been a while since I have compared the behavior of Havok to PhysX.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Karkadann » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:40 pm

I would like to get the Walking Maze on the Gehn shard, although I feel its not "up to par" I understand you wanna keep the Gehn Shard as a show case and want only the best of the best which is Understandable.
What I am asking is, would you be interested and if so can you make me a list of what would hafta be done to The Walking Maze to make it Gehn Shard Quality when you have time.

Also If I Made a Gray Top hat would you be interested and is their someone who can figure out how to add it to the wardrobe. I looked threw the tutorial for clothing, its seems very complex and lengthly, you guys know I am no Genius when it comes to Codding, although I may be able to figure some stuff out, what I would like to create and what I can create as far as ages are concerned are two different sorries. Even if I do figure it out I don't have the necessary access to a MOULa type shard (nor would I know what to do with it) to me a server is some one who brings you food at a restaurant, so even if I could figure it out from the tutorial unless it can be exported and converted using drizzle I'll never know if it worked or not.

just a little food for thought
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Annabelle » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Pre-Swaltu is one of my favorite ages as well.

That's an age tailored for those who like to get their pixels moving :D .

I would have the same concerns as Lontahv on the physics aspects. The "red web" at the very beginning to reach the 3 tunnels is a real challenge on HavoK. With all what I know about the physics behaviours, we wouldn't get any challenge at all on physX.

Then the "big blue pendulum", the best toy we can have. We are not sticking at all with the HavoK engine. And with the behaviours of physX on Gehn, people would tend to climb directly on the sides.

Then there are the bugged features... the "great elevator" in the shaft and the "ice sails" on the icefield that aren't working at all. Talking of the icefield... it plays on the natural "sliding" effect avatars have on HavoK engine. On physX, we wouldn't slide at all on that icefield which wouldn't be realistic.

I think such age wouldn't be a great candidate for a conversion to MOUL. This age is tailored for URU:CC environment and for skilled explorers.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Chacal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Although an amazing feat for its time, Pre-Swaltu isn't on par. Graphics are primitive and there is no sound.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Sirius » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:01 am

Chacal wrote:Although an amazing feat for its time, Pre-Swaltu isn't on par. Graphics are primitive and there is no sound.
+1.
I would rather suggest one of AndyLegate's Ages. I consider most of them "up to par" for both graphics and sounds (he also wrote a lot of tutorials about enhancing the visual quality of an Age). And since his Ages don't use much the physics engine, they are more likely to work once converted.
Sirius

Postby Karkadann » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:17 am

First top hat I ever owned, ya think does it need a feather?
I could change the textures around and you guys could have it as the Greyhats equivalent to a Guild of Greeters Tshirt
It still may need a bit of work but if you wanted to experiment with it, I have it in Max OBJ and 3ds files with four JPG and one PNG file
Last edited by Karkadann on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:39 am

Shades of Johnny Depp I see the mad Hatter

Show Spoiler
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Karkadann » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Guilty as Charged :D

It still may need a bit of work but if you wanted to experiment with it, I have it in Max OBJ and 3ds files with four JPG and one PNG file\
Show Spoiler
Karkadann

Postby Annabelle » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Sirius wrote:I would rather suggest one of AndyLegate's Ages. I consider most of them "up to par" for both graphics and sounds (he also wrote a lot of tutorials about enhancing the visual quality of an Age). And since his Ages don't use much the physics engine, they are more likely to work once converted.

I hope you are not referring to these ages:

Zephyr Cove, I went there once for about 10 secs... before crashing then it was instant crashing on each attempts

Neolbah, I flew to my Relto going through a "hole" in the design... I told him politely that I had found a big bug in his age, he answered me back with a lack of politeness that I should not judge his masterpiece... well did I mention the "elevator" issue too? Oh yes, he told me that "normally, no one would try to jump out of it..., that I was inventing a "skydiving" issue...", I should go silent then on the numerous times, I just waited patiently beside the button and flew to my relto anyway while riding the elevator :?

Eder Tomahn, I found a big bug but I'm afraid to reveal it I might be bashed yet again!

Ok for Serene. I would tend to go for Kaelis' Pub Office which is one nice & stable age (made by Kaelisebonrai) or any of Whilyam's age (...despite our common disaffection, I can see the quality in his ages)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard