Bug Report: No Running, and other movement barriers

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Bug Report: No Running, and other movement barriers

Postby Ricard » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:54 am

I cannot run freely anywhere in the game.

This is most-noticeable on stairs. If I am walking up a stairway, changing from a walk to a run, blocks the avatar's forward motion. It keeps running, but only in place. I also see this on other up-hill movements. (For example, going over the stone bridge across the lava pit in Eder Gira.) Forward running is similarly stopped when running across 'one-step-up' situations, like the "sidewalk" in the city square, and other "step-up" situations.

The bottom stair of the Museum, always stops forward motion; even when just walking. In this case, the avatar must jump onto the stairs from the doorway to get started upward. I think also related to this, sometimes my avatar behaves "trapped inside an invisible cylinder", and does not move forward or backward in any direction.
r'Ricard is Rodney Recor Gehn KI# 10531 ~
Typos in my posts really do not proove that I am stupid. Other things maybe, but not that.
Please, just bring me the blue pages.
Ricard

Re: Bug Report: No Running, and other movement barriers

Postby Rhee » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:25 am

I have discovered this behaviour right from the very beginning, Ricard. It is caused by the upgrades made in the Plasma from MOULa standards (at least, that was how it was explained to me hehe). It is a bit annoying, that's for sure, but can usually be overcome by a jump... in most places, you can still walk up inclined planes/stairs without being hindered, but running often balks you. And then, as you have found at the museum (and there are other places too!) there are times where a jump MUST be used to move ahead.
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Re: Bug Report: No Running, and other movement barriers

Postby Deledrius » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:02 pm

My understanding is that this is a result of the newer version of PhysX behaving differently with the settings used in the data files.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Gehn Shard