MOULagain 905

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

MOULagain 905

Postby Branan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:54 am

As of February 19, 2012 we are running MOULagain 905. If you installed Gehn before that date you will need to copy the dat/ folder from your MOULagain installation to your Gehn installation. Hopefully for future updates this will not have to be done manually.

----Old post for the sake of history----

I thought you all might like to know that almost every bugfix in the upcoming MOULagain build is already on Gehn, and has been from day 1 ;)

The two that are missing are the Minkata sparklie fix (which requires an updated PRP) and the Donate button, which we may add to our launcher if we ever decide to take donations.

For now, we do not plan to update Gehn to the new minkata PRP when it becomes available. Since we don't have sparklies enabled, I don't see the point in making all of you dig through the datafiles to copy around changes we don't even need yet.

If we start seeing new players who are already on 905 trying to join the shard we'll have to update, but new registrations have slowed down quite a bit since the initial rush so we can probably stall for a few days at least.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: MOULagain 905

Postby janaba » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Yeah, just noticed the implementations for example when opening the hood book that my
last open balcony page was reminded etc ... :P

Branan et all else hard working coders and technicians and programmers etc..., dearest
H'uru team, it is good for you to take a little rest ... We've provided you all with our testings
and reports etc. so much work and trouble in a lovely sense hehe ... remember, you've asked
for this lol 8-) , and you have now so many tasks at hand and so many challenges to meet, the
harvest of our troublemaking lol, so, I'd just say relax, take your time and it was a lot for all of
us as well ...

Keep your cheerful disposition and never forget the fun, you're awesome, you guys, and
there's still a lot to celebrate, our Anniversary, and with the official update which is thanks
to you all and your great cooperation possible to implement in the official MOULa server for
the benefit of the whole community ... What an accomplishment!!! ... :)

Please, when you exactly know what you need us for, a special, specific test or task to carry
out or whatever to perform, please let us know ... I'm closely monitoring my RSS feeds ...

There's an exciting (party) weekend ahead and you know about the stress test on the Minkata
Shard (on the 18th) which we will perform here most probably anytime soon as well, so we can
learn through this event and hilarity ... :D ... See you all around and take care ... /waves ... :)
janaba

Postby janaba » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:26 am

Just wanted to get rid of that Relto flying in bug again and did what I did the last
time when I succeded in resolving it, I ran the Gehn installer again not considering
today's 905 update of much of the new MOUL files ... :roll: ... haha ... :P

Yeah, in that moment I didn't really laugh lol ... when running the Gehn launcher
I got this message
after clicking 'Explore Uru', the black update screen freezed and I was left with
that message lol ...

I am so glad that I have a backup of the old MOULa on an external harddrive
and so I copied the dat files into my Gehn installation and was saved ... phew ... :D

I'm flying in again lol, but I'm glad that I can go on exploring on this Shard ...
I just passed my Dereno portal and I'm waiting for the Payiferen portal right now ... :)
janaba

Postby Branan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:34 am

We'll be updating to 905 this week, since we're hoping to get more new players for the party.

Fow now, Please do not upgrade your Gehn install to 905. It will break.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:40 am

Branan wrote:We'll be updating to 905 this week, since we're hoping to get more new players for the party.

Dearest Branan et al, did I miss anything? ... :P
janaba

Postby Branan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:03 am

Heh, we haven't made a forum post yet, just G+/Facebook/Twitter. We're planning a party in a couple of weeks to try to bring some new folks to the shard, and to try to bring back some of the people who might have fled when it was crashing every hour.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:42 am

Ahhh ... that is great!!! ... :P

Yeah, I'm not registered on Twitter/Facebook etc., but I'll follow the RSS feed to the GoW's
Facebook messages from now on ... :)
janaba

Postby Ricard » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Branan wrote:... to try to bring back some of the people who might have fled when it was crashing every hour.

Quitters! ...they should have "stuck it out" with the rest of us!
r'Ricard is Rodney Recor Gehn KI# 10531 ~
Typos in my posts really do not proove that I am stupid. Other things maybe, but not that.
Please, just bring me the blue pages.
Ricard

Postby J'Kla » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:22 pm

I've stuck it out for eight years another couple of months shouldn't hurt.

I think thas a rework of somthing i said during Until Uru just before the Game trap thing
J'Kla

Postby Branan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:59 pm

I'm running a build currently, and when it's done you'll need MOULagain 905. Just copy your dat/ from MOUL to Gehn. It will then re-patch the updated files just like on first login.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Gehn Shard