Physics Bug Roundup!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Physics Bug Roundup!

Postby Ricard » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:08 pm

I WISH I HAD floathing rocks! That's so kewl!

@Rhee
I have been trying to do something creative with the rocks and logs ever since I first saw the them.
So far, no good results. Even just simply putting them into a circle has proved very difficult.

I usually keep them turned off, because I don't like constantly "tripping" on them either.

If anyone knows WHY they are a Relto Page Reward in the first place, I would like to hear about it.
I anyone knows something neat to do with them, well... I'm all ears!
r'Ricard is Rodney Recor Gehn KI# 10531 ~
Typos in my posts really do not proove that I am stupid. Other things maybe, but not that.
Please, just bring me the blue pages.
Ricard

Postby pojibonzai » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:42 pm

This is the last pic I'll post...no need to report the same bug...but now I've got rocks,sticks, and fire marbles floating! :)
Windows 7 4.png
Windows 7 4.png (146.75 KiB) Viewed 4181 times
pojibonzai

Postby Deledrius » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Ricard wrote:If anyone knows WHY they are a Relto Page Reward in the first place, I would like to hear about it.

I'm sure it's some passive-aggressive message from Yeesha about sticks-and-stones and the power words have over us. ;)

Either that, or in 2003 it seemed like a fun novelty to be able to play with the dynamic physics object (which it was).
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:29 am

Haha ... Nah ..., those logs and stones can be useful in many ways and as we're having a very
natural way of living in our Relto it'd be only natural to use the logs e.g. for the fireplace and
to pile them in front of it, or what about a bonfire for burning the rubbish as you've tried to
create already beginning with a stone circle ... though I know of course, that is all easier
said than done ... :D

To stay on topic, I cannot provide any experiences with floating or otherwise rebellious
objects by now ... :P
janaba

Postby J'Kla » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:20 pm

I think it was Cyan's way of a making something for a first reward that was easy to get and it provided a quick kickable in relto for testing the avatar collision reaction.
J'Kla

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:11 am

I've been a LOT busier than I would have liked to this week, but most of the "getting stuck on inclines" bugs should be fixed in Gehn 4. There are still going to be a few issues though because the colliders are not modeled correctly. I have read all the posts here and would be interested in more feedback after the update.

Those floating logs are freaky by the way. Are you by any chance launching them on a ballistic trajectory, then linking out? If so, then that's actually the expected behavior. If you bump into them, they ought to fall down.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Deledrius » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:28 am

I generally try to avoid touching them as a rule, so I'm not sending them off into the sky before leaving, but most of the ones I've noticed doing the levitation trick are in areas where it's possible they were rolling at some point. Once touched, they do come alive again.

They just randomly seem to have decided they're not on speaking terms with the ground.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Leighana » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:26 pm

I have the same "flying" bug as Janaba. If I Relto out it's fine when I get back. My resolution is 1280x1024.

I also have no baskets in Gira. I started out with all three, but on linking back with my second set of fireflies, one of them was gone. I moved the one remaining at the second crossing and tried again. On linking back with the fireflies again, I had no baskets at all.

The only other problem I've had is an invisible shelf on most stairways that I have to jump over to get to the top.

I do want to comment that the graphics, and especially the sounds, seem superior to both MOULa and Minkata. Bravo!

EDIT: After deleting Gira and Kemo several times with no luck keeping the baskets, I found a workaround. After setting the three baskets, instead of taking the book link in Gira to Kemo, I linked to Relto, and from there to Kemo. When I got the fireflies and linked back to Gira, I only had one basket, but that's better than none. I was able to walk on the edge of the wall of the cave where the two baskets should have been, and made it without touching the water, so I was able to finish Gira. ;)
KI 29707
Leighana

Postby Annabelle » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 am

Leighana wrote
The only other problem I've had is an invisible shelf on most stairways that I have to jump over to get to the top.

Try to climb stairs now that the new version of Gehn is out. You'll see marvelous change!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:42 am

Sorry Annabelle - forgive me for disagreeing - BUT I still have problems with the stairs and other impediments needing to be jumped
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard