A step forward in Eder Delin

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

A step forward in Eder Delin

Postby Annabelle » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:06 am

For those following my adventures, you have to go thru several forums. One of my last story is the one on OU forum where I talked about how I finished Eder Delin Garden alone reaching the collisions and jumped over the journey door. On that server, I used markers to help me.

I did a step forward in gehn this Saturday. With no markers, I decided to grab my garden's wedge as a challenge. The only help I needed was another avatar standing on the very corner of collisions near the door as a reference.

When I say I see the collisions, it's not even a joke, I "see" them. I feel them, I follow them. In Delin, we can actually see a thin separation line on the garden floor, a very subtle one. You just need to follow it and be aware that the collisions are waving. Then there is a break: a solid block around a pink leaves tree. You must jump from the break point to the other section of the collision wall. There is where I had the most hard time. I reltoed 4 times with Annabelle and 3 times with Annabelle-Sophie.

With Annabelle, I had to make the whole route twice since I putted Annabelle-Sophie at the wrong spot, so my reference wasn't good, I reach the panic zone over the journey door instead of going over it! Yes, Cyan is as mean as that lol, they even putted a panic zone over the journey door just to annoy me a bit more!

The result is a doublé for my avatars :). I got for each of them my bahro wedges. The bahro caves are behaving like they should BTW.

The funniest was for Annabelle-Sophie. It was exactly at the moment when Deledrius logged on the shard. By the time, I reached the silly journey door, I saw that it was wide open! A visual glitch that can occurs from time to time when you do some panic links near the door itself. The garden kind of grants you with an open door because it has some pity for you :lol: . So always check upon re-entering the garden to see if you can find an open door ;) . I was about to cry when I saw the door wide open standing high over it :lol:. My reference avatar (Annabelle) was standing right beside it all the time. Thing is that it's a visual glitch. Only Annabelle-Sophie could see an open door. So unless you actually go near it to see if it's open, don't ask an helper (in my case Annabelle) to tell you if it's open or close, the answer will be: "the door is close".

Some pictures:

Annabelle-Sophie high over ground, Annabelle standing on the corner...and an open door only seenable by Annabelle-Sophie :lol:

A close look on the "open" door, Deledrius came right away in the garden and confirm that he was seeing the door close.

Inside view of Garden ages' bahro cave

At least, this time, the door is close, I didn't climb and travel all the way with Annabelle to find an open door!

Annabelle over her wedges base with delin's wedge

EDIT: I made a little correction a name sounded too delirious to be true ;) :lol:
Last edited by Annabelle on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: A step forward in Eder Delin

Postby Deledrius » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:27 am

That's very impressive!

Even once you showed me the wedge between colliders which assists the ascent, I was unable to follow. Thanks for testing the caves, too. At least we know that once the spirals are implemented, we shouldn't have any further trouble. :)

You know, if I ever get around to making some of the Ages I've planned, I should put in a whole section that's entirely made up of invisible-collider platforming...

(btw, my name is Deledrius ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: A step forward in Eder Delin

Postby janaba » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:21 am

Annabelle, Annabelle, you're just awesome, really unsurpassable and impressively exceptional haha ... :P

And Deledrius, she might just be 'deleri(o)usly delighted in your presence ... :D
janaba

Return to Gehn Shard