Bug Report: Hanging After Login

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Bug Report: Hanging After Login

Postby Jakuru » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:22 am

Here's one I've never seen before, which means I can't get in. I get this when logging in as Jaruku.

Does anyone know the "fix"?
Jakuru

Postby Branan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:24 am

Jakuru wrote:Here's one I've never seen before, which means I can't get in. I get this when logging in as Jaruku.

Does anyone know the "fix"?

Did you copy updated data files from a MOULagain 905 installation? We updated our server to accept those files instead of the 902 files. We still do not have permissions from Cyan to update these files ourselves, so you'll need to do the update manually.

Simply copy dat/ from an up-to-date MOULagain install to your Gehn install.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Jakuru » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:56 am

That was a very quick and easy fix and I got in, thanks!
Still no quabs in Ahnonay, any ideas when they'll work?
Jakuru

Postby 4runner » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:03 am

I copied my MOULa files to a new folder and I used the install that is from this site. I get it hanging at logging in. Also my Norton Antivirus does not like the installer. I have to disable it temperarlly to even get to logging in. The MOULa info is 1.905.
4runner

Postby Branan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 am

4runner wrote:I copied my MOULa files to a new folder and I used the install that is from this site. I get it hanging at logging in. Also my Norton Antivirus does not like the installer. I have to disable it temperarlly to even get to logging in. The MOULa info is 1.905.

Norton likes to mark anything it doesn't recognize as a virus. I could try submitting the installer and launcher to them, but we're updating at a far faster rate than they could possibly keep whitelisting new versions.

As for your login issue it's probably the same thing that is affecting D'lanor and myself - some accounts just refuse to login right now. I'm trying to sort out what could possibly be causing this, since I didn't touch any of the login code on the server.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard