Bug Report: Hanging After Login

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Bug Report: Hanging After Login

Postby Zacky » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:53 pm

I got past the PhysX problem. I am getting to about the second updating screen starting Uru and then it locks up and I have a Uru cursor and a Windows cursor so I know it has crashed. What now?
Zacky

Re: Bug Report: Hanging After Login

Postby Deledrius » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 pm

First questions to get started: when did you last update your MOUL installation, and when did you install Gehn?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby JanB » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:05 am

I got the same type of problem. I got stuck after having created an avatar. It hangs when attempting to link to - giving a Zero time estimation -, to the Cleft for the first time. Alt F4 after waiting several minutes tells me : Download failed: dat/Personal_District_psnIMystII.prp.
It does not help if I copy that file manualy from my up to date Moul /dat map. The copied File has dissapeared again after the next attempt.
JanB

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:08 am

When did you install Gehn and when did you last update MOULa? If you ran the Gehn installer after Cyan updated MOULa, then you're not going to be able to play until we update our server (that should happen sometime this weekend...)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Deledrius » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:32 am

JanB wrote:It does not help if I copy that file manualy from my up to date Moul /dat map. The copied File has dissapeared again after the next attempt.

That's the expected behaviour if you're using the new data from MOULa. MOULa recently updated a number of their files, so those files no longer match those our server instructs your client it must have. Sadly, as Cyan has not granted a distribution license, our server isn't allowed to send you the corrected files. You need to use MOULa 1.902 files to connect to Gehn. Once we update the manifests to match MOUL 1.905 (hopefully this week) you'll be able to use the current dataset.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Zacky » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:28 pm

I login and get to the second screen of updating and then crash. File uploaded, I think. Oh I see the extension txt is not allowed so what is?
Zacky

Postby Deledrius » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Deledrius wrote:First questions to get started: when did you last update your MOUL installation, and when did you install Gehn?

I need more information than you've given before I can help you.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Jakuru » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:13 pm

I've noticed alot of improvements to the Shard since I've been playing. Does anyone have any idea on when the quabs will appear or work in Ahnonay?
Jakuru

Postby JanB » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:19 am

Once we update the manifests to match MOUL 1.905 (hopefully this week) you'll be able to use the current dataset.

Plese post a notification when that's fixed! :)
JanB

Postby Deledrius » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:39 am

JanB wrote:
Once we update the manifests to match MOUL 1.905 (hopefully this week) you'll be able to use the current dataset.

Please post a notification when that's fixed! :)

We've now updated the server to accept MOULa 1.905 data, so you should be able to use an installation made from that build.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Next

Return to Gehn Shard