A skydiver adventure on Gehn shard

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

A skydiver adventure on Gehn shard

Postby Annabelle » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:06 pm

(Author's notes: I have switched between 2 avatars during the day and you'll see a lot of pictures, I want to tempt you to visit the shard)

Yesterday, I've decided to explore Gehn like never before. I had a sneak peek of what was going to happen on Gehn on the new release (release 1.4).

I knew that a marvel was coming: the collision grip.

What's that? Hoikas has once more improved the PhysX engine to a new level! :D :D :D

Simply stated... There's no server with a better gaming experience than Gehn right now.

You have there:

1) the landing realism of URU:CC (the knees breaking effect);
2) the ability of MOULa (combo jumps, double jumps);
3) the unique feature of the collision grip.

How to do the collision grip?

1) You must find any inclined collision wall with an angle going between let's say 60 to 85 degrees (the range normally you'd slide off in MOULa or URU:CC)
2) You simply either walk-jump or run-jump, that's it! You'll reach unprecedented heights and quite easily. :D

So knowing the fact that there would be the collision grip, I rushed in Gehn as soon as I was able to do so.

(Another author's note: oh BTW, like I always say, I know nearly 90% of all the URU game walls' inclination so I maybe start with a length on this matter ;) :lol: )

And there the adventure began!

1st Stop: Eder Tsogal

I wanted my wedge and I knew exactly where to go to jump behind the closed door.

(Yet again another author's note: As of February 18th, 2012, I finally managed to do the trick in MOULa, so I'm independent for both gardens now)

In MOULa, you need to do a quick set of 3 double jumps without reaching a panic zone right beside the journey door, it's really intense! :lol: (call an ambulance before doing it ;) )

In Gehn, you just need to walk-jump where you see me in the pictures, that's all. Between the point where you stand below the plants and the tunnel after the door, you need to do a run-jump. If you miss the tunnel don't worry much, you should be grabbed by the linking zone anyway and be sent to the Bahro Cave, this is what happened when I returned there to show a buddy how to do it.

See the illustrated process:

You start here :)

wj here

wj there

wj there, when you stand unber the cliff plants turn to be in 45 degrees angle with the cave tunnel

rj here, it's a blind jump ;)

behind Tsogal's door

the proof that proves that I got my 2 wedges :lol:

2nd stop: a must, Er'cana Canyon Top

I didn't know how I'd go there but was determined to reach it. Sautaillet was in his own Er'cana and was looking for that too. 2 Skydivers in search of the Grail can be really effective. Sautaillet did reach the top before me. It was a collaborative exploit as I instructed him where we should be able to reach it. Simply stated: we looked where the collisions are convex. There's no way to grip on collision with minus degrees inclination!

(Author's important note: BTW, the collisions are not visible so you must bear in mind that even if you see concave visuals that doesn't mean the collisions around them are concave!)

Here's some pictures for you

that's where you must climb, like you see, the visuals are concave, not the collisions ;)

From this collision top, you can easily reach both sides

You can see here we are safely standing on the top of canyon, from there you can go as far as you have a solid plane below your feet

This pict is taken from the point where the large plane stops...but there's more to explore ;)

As you can see you can push forward walking on this tiny edge

Up to here in fact, that's the end

In some spots, you can have weird visual blinding effects

a bird view

The tallest plants are easily reachable now :D

I also decided to visit K'veer and Myst Library!

Now how can you go there without an helper?

Several explorers know how to do it, here's the recipe:

1) You need to bake pellets (you can speed up the process to a few seconds playing with your Windows clock BTW)
2) You link to the upper cave to drop a pellet
3) You need to run as fast as you can to the opposite side of your linking spot
4) In 1st pers, you must adjust quickly your camera, and run-jump against the collision around the hole. You must see AT LEAST the top symbol. If you are lucky enough, try to get another one.

It's simple mathematics here: there's 7 symbols.

Example 1:
You get 1 symbol

You have to go thru 120 possible combinations (6 times 5 times 4). Giving the fact that each false combination will play a small 5 to 10 seconds video, you'll be able to select the right pattern in less than 10 minutes, in the worst case scenario, it will be the 120th.

Example 2:
You get 2 symbols (this is what I'm usually doing, it's easier that way, you just have to spot the most 2 visible symbols, the North and the East positioned ones.) You have to go thru only 20 possible combinations (5 times 4). That's nothing!

So, is Ahnonay mandatory to visit K'veer and Myst Library? Not at all!

Picture taken on Gehn

Other locations:

During that day, I also visited some places quite easily using the collision grip, here's some pictures to tempt you (some locations may require some double jumps during the process to get to those spots, be advised):

In that area of Gahreesen, you can also visit a lot if you jump wisely ;)

In Ahnonay, for now, we are mostly limited in that age

The nice monster of Kemo. (Author's most important note: I know a monster isn't nice but at least that one is cute :lol: )

Try that on MOULa, you'll have a psychological breakdown :lol: , in Gehn it's relatively easy :)

A must when visiting Gira!

In Gehn, we can easily reach Library inner collisions as well as the ones outside...I'm there with Deledrius. He is using flymode, I ain't :D

Going behind museum barricades...

...still heading there...

...nearly there, this is so amazing around!...

...Finally! I prefer this easier way and nicer way than MOULa

WOW!!! That's way too easy to reach the collisions, I even overshoot them :lol: (Author's note: that's is Negilahn on my way to Relto)

Ok I've been more cautious in Dereno :D

It's "easy" to reach it in MOULa (2 minutes chrono), it's even easier in Gehn

The Vault :D

(Author's last note: That isn't a gargoyle up there on the wooden rack :lol: )

Something is missing in the picture or maybe I found a new place where the boxes are levitating

Let me snatch some gold coins, no one will suspect me ;)

What about going there in 30 seconds! That's possible in Gehn :D

Back in Er'cana, you can climb there from the grounds

...and here...

...and, finally, here :D

That's that, I hope that will tempt you to explore URU!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: A skydiver adventure on Gehn shard

Postby Deledrius » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Annabelle wrote:In Gehn, we can easily reach Library inner collisions as well as the ones outside...I'm there with Deledrius. He is using flymode, I ain't

Hey, I wasn't using flymode! I jumped up the fallen pillar on the left of the upper Library entrance, and then along each pillar-top until I got over there.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Annabelle wrote: I also decided to visit K'veer and Myst Library!

Now how can you go there without an helper?

Several explorers know how to do it, here's the recipe:

1) You need to bake pellets (you can speed up the process to a few seconds playing with your Windows clock BTW)
2) You link to the upper cave to drop a pellet
3) You need to run as fast as you can to the opposite side of your linking spot
4) In 1st pers, you must adjust quickly your camera, and run-jump against the collision around the hole. You must see AT LEAST the top symbol. If you are lucky enough, try to get another one.

It's simple mathematics here: there's 7 symbols.

Example 1:
You get 1 symbol

You have to go thru 120 possible combinations (6 times 5 times 4). Giving the fact that each false combination will play a small 5 to 10 seconds video, you'll be able to select the right pattern in less than 10 minutes, in the worst case scenario, it will be the 120th.

Example 2:
You get 2 symbols (this is what I'm usually doing, it's easier that way, you just have to spot the most 2 visible symbols, the North and the East positioned ones.) You have to go thru only 20 possible combinations (5 times 4). That's nothing!

So, is Ahnonay mandatory to visit K'veer and Myst Library? Not at all!!

There is An easier method for reaching K'veer and the Myst Library... that involves reading the Python.0.elf file.

First get your first Bahro pillar, then Quit the game and open the Python.0.elf file. You are looking for the BahroCave solution. Mine was 0 6 3 4. Now you know 4 of the symbols and their order.

After you have returned the last Bahro Pillar and entered the solution at the cleft, you must return to your Relto, Quit the game and open the Python.0.elf file. You are looking for the PelletCave solution. Mine was 6 5 4 0. And ALL I had to do was rearrange and then increment the third digit (3) by 1 digit...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Annabelle » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Well...

I don't know which symbol is related to what number!

Even if I open that file, I won't know more what's the solution.

Ok...Let's see with Gehn, my solution should be: 5, 4, 2, 6.

Can you point me out which is the number for each symbol?

Then what about MOULa? I don't see any python.0.log for MOULa. Are they stored in a most secret location in my PC or is it kept server side?

If it is the case then my solution is still the best (maybe not for Gehn) but for MOULa. And beside, I like my running solution ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Here are 2 pictures that show the 7 digits and corresponding pictures for the digits 0 through 6. Picture 0ne shows digits 0 through 3. And picture two is for digits 4 through 6 and then 0..

Image Image
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:48 am

Thanks, for the hints ... read my elf file, got the code and I can enjoy my beloved K'veer and the Myst library now ... /cheer ... :P

(am I a hacker now? ... haha ... 8-) )
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Thank you very much Wamdukasapa :D

@ Deledrius, I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I know you were on an internal client because 3 mins before I took that picture (where you are present), you were on top of a stalagmite and Adams was on the other one. There's no way to go there normally.

Even with "the collision grip" we can't climb there because of the Cyan's sneaky "upper panic link zone" between the courtyard and the lakeshore. In my offline installs of URU (CC and UU), I removed it to be able to visit the lakeshore.

So with that said, I thought you were using the fly mode!

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Deledrius » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Yeah, I flew over to the stalagmite, because it's impossible otherwise. But it's no fun using it to get to places where I can get to with some hard work, like in your photo! ;)

That panic link region annoys me. You can go walking down the cliffside quite a ways, almost entirely down to the ferry tunnel, but then suddenly you'll link while in absolutely no danger. Bah! (bah, I say!)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Hey I have tried to get through the doors in Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal several times using Annabelle's method - but each time I panic link.
Hmmmmm - I guess I need a parachute or maybe a hang glider.

Does anyone have an idea on where to get a battering ram, ..
Wamduskasapa

Postby Leighana » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:39 pm

I made it past the Tsogal door! Thanks Annabelle!
Now to try for Delin.
KI 29707
Leighana

Next

Return to Gehn Shard