A skydiver adventure on Gehn shard

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: A skydiver adventure on Gehn shard

Postby Rhee » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Wamduskasapa! I found just what you need in my kitchen.

MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:44 am

ahhhhh !!! A batter making ram !!! But I will no longer need her in the game ???

I finally succeeded in getting my Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal Wedges

EDIT: Thank you Annabelle using your techniques I now have all of my Wedges. Including Ahnonay...

Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Annabelle » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:55 pm

:D I'll convert everyone!!!

All of you will become skydivers :twisted: :lol: :lol:

I'm kidding ...

That's awesome Wamdukasapa! I'm glad I could help you

Yes that's right, we can in fact quite easily grab the Ahnonay Wedge ;) ...but how ??? :lol: 8-) well who knows? ;)

(Author's note: I didn't even grab it yet but I know it's something quite easy ;) )
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Deledrius » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Isn't it more rock-climbing than sky-diving? ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:07 pm

This is how I obtained my Ahnonay wedge

Picture one shows your starting position. You then move forward to the position shown by Pictures two and three
Pictures two and three show your launch position (make SURE that you have pushed the Caps Lock).
Picture four shows your aiming spot. As you rotate left and right the Cleft POTS Mark fades in and out. It MUST be sharp and clear or you will panic link.
Picture five shows your first landing position. Now comes the hard part if done wrong you will panic link.
At the same time that you tap the forward arrow key, Double tap the Spacebar.
Picture five shows your second landing position. To reach your third landing position just tape the spacebar (DO NOT touch the forward arrow key).

EDIT: DO NOT use your Mouse to move - you will panic link.

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Annabelle » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:37 pm

Sure Deledrius ;)

I know Watashi, the founder of URU Skydivers, can explain why we are called skydivers. That's a long story that began a while ago long before MOULa. I wasn't there at all.

I was fascinated by their abilities at climbing the tent and doing weird flights from the lamp in Ae'gura.

I never thought I would become such an important asset in that group. We are mostly climbers. The beginners are still fearly "skydivers" going a lot in their Relto. I can go thru long stretches of time without relto out at all, so I don't really skydive but I do it sometimes for the fun of it, it's intended though :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Leighana » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:03 am

After doing much, much more jumping, climbing, and skydiving than I've ever done, or ever thought I'd do, I've got all my wedges, except Delin. Delin's kicking my butt! I must have fallen out of there 100 times. :lol: If you go to my Hood, my name is the only one on the visitors imager. I can make it all the way to behind the big tree downstairs, but I always lose it there. Well, back to the drawing board. Geronimo!!
KI 29707
Leighana

Postby Deledrius » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:22 am

So, this is just a thought that came to me earlier as I was climbing collision walls in Tsogal:

Let's say you're building an age, like Tsogal. You put in the usual collision for the walls. Then you either anticipate, or receive feedback from playtesting, that people are climbing over the collision to sequence-break their way to the goal of the puzzle. What do you do?

Apparently, as a little joke, you put in a panic region above the door so that anyone attempting it gets spirited away for their trouble. You know, instead of adding a simple collision plane there, or perhaps enclosing the area entirely so as to prevent it properly.

I really can't help but wonder about this, you know? It just makes me think. I get lost trying to understand the thought processes. :D
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:37 am

I think this was added to make sure players standing on the door didn't go through the cave ceiling when it closed... This way the player links out before being crushed ;) .

Anyway, great job, Annabelle ! These "shortcut" are really amazing. I remember trying to climb behind the door in Delin on MOULa... With all the time my computer needs to link back to Relto, link to the hood, and re-link to Delin, I could never manage to get close enough to the door...
Sirius

Postby Branan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 am

Sirius wrote:I think this was added to make sure players standing on the door didn't go through the cave ceiling when it closed... This way the player links out before being crushed ;) .

This is what exclusion regions are for. Find a friend and stand in the classroom doorway when the door is about to close, and see what happens.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard