Installing Gehn Shard on OSX

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Installing Gehn Shard on OSX

Postby boblishman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:53 am

yes, it does need that specific engine ... and make sure it is set to Windows XP in your Wineskin/Advanced/Config Utility/Applications (Tab) ---> Windows version
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby Christian Walther » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:50 am

Korovev wrote:2. Are you using the WS9Wine 1.7.18 engine? With the latest update, 1.5.x might not work anymore.

WS9Wine1.5.16 still appears to be working fine for me. For running the game, that is, I didn’t try running the installer.

Zib, are you trying to run the installer (gehn_shard.exe) or UruLauncher.exe? If the former, seeing as you have UruLauncher.exe, I would say that the installer has already done most of its job (except possibly failing to launch UruLauncher.exe if it’s supposed to do that), and all you need to do now to download the rest of the game is run UruLauncher.exe (possibly with options /ServerIni=repair.ini /Repair /PatchOnly). Or copy the dat folder from MOULa in manually first, if you have it, to save the MOULa file server a bit of network load.
Christian Walther

Postby hcmjmagic » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:07 am

Hey all! I've been working with this skin trying to get everything running in OS X - finally got to the point where I can log in and load the game! Unfortunately after the Cyan logo movie plays I get the attached error. Are there more files I have to copy over from the clean MOULa install? Thanks for any help, played this years ago - I want to join you all!

EDIT: In case anyone sees this I was able to solve the problem by installing Ghen Shard on my bootcamp partition in Windows 7, then just putting it inside the "Program Files" folder inside the wineskinned app's contents. See you in game!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 1.03.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 1.03.32 PM.png (10.05 KiB) Viewed 20428 times
hcmjmagic

Postby boblishman » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:38 am

I can confirm that the only shard that I can not access on MacOSX (Yosemite) is the Ghen Shard which I guess is due to the issues stated in the previous posts.
If it's just a case of "missing" dlls (from the vcredist_86 - as in previous updates) ... could someone tell me which ones, and where I can get them from ? Cheers.
boblishman

Postby Korovev » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:23 pm

This time it’s not enough.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby boblishman » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:13 am

Thanks Korovev. I suspected as much. I hope this gets resolved soon and I'm sure you guys will advise us once it's sorted. Thanks again.
boblishman

Postby Korovev » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:04 am

Visual C++ 2015 is now available through Winetricks*. However, I still can’t make the wrapper work; anyone managed to?

* From Advanced > Tools click Winetricks, then on the lower left click Update Winetricks; you should now have vcrun2015 available to install, in the dlls folder.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby boblishman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:41 pm

Korovev wrote:Visual C++ 2015 is now available through Winetricks*. However, I still can’t make the wrapper work; anyone managed to?

Thanks for letting me know. Will set about trying to get it working tomorrow and post my results. *fingers crossed*
boblishman

Postby boblishman » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:59 am

Not good. :x

This is what the Wineskin report is throwing at me

Code: Select all
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\VCRUNTIME140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\VCRUNTIME140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library VCRUNTIME140.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-environment-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP140.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\VCRUNTIME140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\VCRUNTIME140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\VCRUNTIME140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\VCRUNTIME140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\VCRUNTIME140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library VCRUNTIME140.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-environment-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-conio-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe" failed, status c0000135

I'm to sure why ... when those files ARE there in the wineskin wrapper ....../windows/system32 folder.

Spent 2 hours trying to get the to work but no joy. I did start a new wrapper "from scratch" and got a "... game will not run on less than Vista" message .... so I used Winetricks/settings ... and tried both Vista and Windows 7 .... but it didn't seem to make any difference.

(I have updated Wineskin and installed the vcrun2015)
boblishman

Postby boblishman » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:00 am

Not good. :x

This is what the Wineskin report is throwing at me

Code: Select all
err:module:import_dll Library VCRUNTIME140.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-environment-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP140.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\VCRUNTIME140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\VCRUNTIME140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\VCRUNTIME140.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library VCRUNTIME140.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-environment-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-conio-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Gehn Shard\\UruLauncher.exe" failed, status c0000135

I'm not sure why ... when those files ARE there in the wineskin wrapper ....../windows/system32 folder.

Spent 2 hours trying to get the to work but no joy. I did start a new wrapper "from scratch" and got a "... game will not run on less than Vista" message .... so I used Winetricks/settings ... and tried both Vista and Windows 7 .... but it didn't seem to make any difference.

(I have updated Wineskin and installed the vcrun2015)
boblishman

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard