Fan Ages

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Fan Ages

Postby Tweek » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Paradox wrote:
Justintime9 wrote:I see. Sounds like a good plan. I assume you've only just started then? because there's a bunch that I'm sure would be added immediately, considering their quality (namely Tweek and Whilyam's ages.) And by "contests" do you mean creating whole new ages? Or just comparing existing ages to each other?

I'm sure Tweek and Whilyam's Ages would be added, but they don't have any MOUL-compatible versions (and in Tweek's case, he's mentioned a few times that he's not interested in building for multiplayer).

If there was a means for me to build MOUL compatible Ages in Blender then I would be inclined to build stuff to go on Gehn. But as it stands (as far as I know) you need to use 3DSM which I currently have no interest in working with.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Annabelle » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Would it be possible to know which are the ages that are "MOUL ready" (meaning they are built using 3dMax plugin)?

Even in 2012, most of the writers are still using blender. I don't want to start a discussion of what should be done or this or that.

I'm just curious to know how many are "MOUL ready"
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: What exactly makes an age Moul compatible?

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:40 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:An age is compatible with MOUL as a result of the data in the .PRP files. At the moment, there is not an easy way to convert your Path of the Shell ages to MOUL format. We're evaluating solutions for updating your Blender exported ages to MOUL. Keep in mind that the team is small (6 active members on a good day, 3 on an average day, and none on a bad day), so the process will definitely not be instant. I will say that the solution we have in mind will make both Blender and 3ds Max users happy.

If you're designing puzzles for multiplayer or singleplayer, keep in mind that users can always play PotS ages on the Deep Island shard until we can import your ages to the MOUL format.

I see. Though I'm sure your small team is probably more efficient than Cyan at the moment. :P And yeah, It's good to have the Deep Island shard.
@Tweek, this is a little off topic, but I remember you mentioned awhile ago (or it may have been Whilyam) that I should use a Higher resolution D'ni backdrop Skydome texture in my age Tsoidahl Prad, do you know where I could find that now?
Justintime9

Postby Tweek » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:14 am

This is the D'ni backdrop I made for my stuff, you can use it if you wish. It was built up from a higher res shot of the D'ni cavern I snagged from someone at Cyan.

Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Deledrius » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:50 am

Tweek wrote:This is the D'ni backdrop I made for my stuff, you can use it if you wish. It was built up from a higher res shot of the D'ni cavern I snagged from someone at Cyan.

That's beautiful. Much better quality than anything I've seen in the actual game.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks, that's perfect. :)
Justintime9

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard